+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFA transfer in Phoenix (Maricopa County) sheriff signature...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default NFA transfer in Phoenix (Maricopa County) sheriff signature...

To my Arizona brothers, I'm an AZ resident, but currently stationed in Nevada. I bought a full auto pack and I'm having it transferred through the Scottsdale Gun Club. I want to keep it registered in AZ for personal reasons with my home of record. Phoenix is a 12 hr round trip drive from Las Vegas and the ass pain is that the sheriff's department needs me to come in person to do their own fingerprints, background check, and CLEO signoff. Then, once signed, I have to make a trip back to collect everything in person. I pleaded with them to let me mail in any documents and they said no exceptions. The dealer transfer at the gun club is willing to do paperwork via mail to save me road trips which is great. I know I could do the trust route and avoid the department completely, but then I have all my other transfers already on form 1 and 4s to switch. Long story short, is there anything else I can do or someone else I could speak to for consideration of my situation? In the end once things are final approved, I have to go there and finalize things at the gun club anyhow, but I'd like to keep 12 hr road trips to a minimum.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more HK.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    To my Arizona brothers, I'm an AZ resident, but currently stationed in Nevada. I bought a full auto pack and I'm having it transferred through the Scottsdale Gun Club. I want to keep it registered in AZ for personal reasons with my home of record. Phoenix is a 12 hr round trip drive from Las Vegas and the ass pain is that the sheriff's department needs me to come in person to do their own fingerprints, background check, and CLEO signoff. Then, once signed, I have to make a trip back to collect everything in person. I pleaded with them to let me mail in any documents and they said no exceptions. The dealer transfer at the gun club is willing to do paperwork via mail to save me road trips which is great. I know I could do the trust route and avoid the department completely, but then I have all my other transfers already on form 1 and 4s to switch. Long story short, is there anything else I can do or someone else I could speak to for consideration of my situation? In the end once things are final approved, I have to go there and finalize things at the gun club anyhow, but I'd like to keep 12 hr road trips to a minimum.
    Personally, I don't understand why anyone would NOT go the Trust route--it makes infinitely more sense.

Unrepentant HKHolic

+1 do this one under a trust and worry about transferring over the rest of them later. What are/were your plans for your NFA stuff when you die if they are currently on individual forms?

What is the problem with having the other items on 1's and 4's (I assume in your name) and your new item on a trust?

The only way to save the trips is to do the trust I'm afraid...unless I'm missing something.

+ Reply to Thread

Links