HKPRO Forums banner

SSE News for all my Calif. Friends

19K views 85 replies 24 participants last post by  BitterOldMan 
#1 ·
I was visiting my FFL that does SSE for off roster guns in Calif. and he said as of Jan 1 st. 2014 they are closing the loop hole for semi auto off roster handguns. Bad new for us, time to place your orders now to get them in before the first of the year. I have.

Chuck

#7 ·
Well at least there is still time. I hope the cost of SSE doesnt rise for the remaining months..I almost cancelled one I have in progress for a second HK45 when I found out they wanted $75 for the transfer and $100 for the SSE. I said what the hell and am going through with it and after seeing this I'm glad.

#8 · (Edited)
Yup...
(2) Existing law makes the provisions defining and governing unsafe handguns inapplicable to a single-shot pistol, as specified.
This bill would instead make the provisions defining and governing unsafe handguns inapplicable to a single-shot pistol with a break top or bolt action. The bill would make this exemption inapplicable to a semiautomatic pistol that has been temporarily or permanently altered so that it will not fire in a semiautomatic mode. By expanding the definition of a crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.
So I've got 8 months, 1 pistol per month, what do I need to get.....need to make a list....Colt rail gun is at the top, need to start looking....ASSUMING that it does pass (which it hasn't yet)...

#9 ·
I hated to be the guy to post the bad news, but I wanted to give my fellow friends here time to react. SSE price has gone up because of this news about $25 per gun. My FFL does not charge for the SSE if I purchase the gun from him. He only charges for the SSE if you buy from another FFL. Which I think is fair.

#11 ·
And just where did your dealer obtain the effective date? This bill has not even become law yet. It just got sent back to committee....

#13 ·
This is something we're watching here in CA closely. As posted above this law is in committee and not approved however, I have no doubt it will be at some point.

We are also watching amendments which may attempt to make prior SSE weapons illegal. That would fall into an Ex Post Facto arena if you ask me but CA does some crazy stuff.

This bill also bans transfer of non CA roster items.

Stand by!

Most dealers that SSE HAVE raised their SSE fees.

#18 ·
calm down guys they tried this last year for no roster gun jerry brown did not sign it. J. Brown said he was not focusing on gun laws but in any case im ready to move to reno. I am in search of a HK45c and P30 please pm me if anyone willing to ship to ca sse friendly ffl or instate will travel.

Cheers

#20 · (Edited)
Some HK45 C's In Calif.

I am only posting this because I know there are fellow Calif. residents looking for these. We always promote those who do a solid job with HK. It really does not apply to the rest of the nation so that is why I am posting it in the Calif. section.

EBRworks.com has 6 HK45c in stock his inventory is live click on it and you can buy it. He does not charge for SSE if your purchase it from him, included in the price. He had 8 two days ago.
Nice guy his name is Michael, Located in Southern Calif.

Good luck
Chuck

#22 ·
OMG DUDE THANK YOU. I've been looking everywhere and had given up. $1299 is a bit high, but I'm gonna consider it.

I am only posting this because I know there are fellow Calif. residents looking for these. We always promote those who do a solid job with HK. It really does not apply to the rest of the nation so that is why I am posting it in the Calif. section.

EBRworks.com has 6 HK45c in stock his inventory is live click on it and you can buy it. He does not charge for SSE if your purchase it from him, included in the price. He had 8 two days ago.
Nice guy his name is Michael, Located in Southern Calif.

Good luck
Chuck

#24 ·
Given this news - and lets assume they will win and eliminate SSE transfers in Ca... If we manage to get Navyman's fullsize HK45 group buy moving sometime soon would we be safe because we paid for it before the law came into effect? Or does our local FFL need to receive it before Jan 1 2014?

#27 ·
A greater fear: HKpro forum members not selling to CA members nor shipping to their CA FFLs who will accept shipment from out of state individuals and FFLs.

Just have to be hopeful and pray that they are supportive of the 2nd Amendment in deeds and not just hollow words like: "No CA sales, don't even ask...."

#26 ·
Sad news. Jan 1 st. 2014, Another date that will live in infamy. Can it get worse? This may explain some of the prices, people in NY, CA, etc., all wanting to get that last HK in before the ban. The guys who sell to CA, etc., and make the SSE happen for HK's, etc., all without "gouging" their fellow brothers, are the patriots. It is times like this, that the real heroes come out and truly shine making miracles happen. Good luck to everybody

#29 ·
270 days / 1 gun per 30 days = 9 guns........hmmm.....what to buy?
I agree, but I'm still making the phone calls and emails to reps, everybody should, but I'm kind of pessimistic about it all now, but I do remember Yee's bill last year where we were successful.
Buying the couple on the top of the list, Colt rail gun, a 51 or 53 pistol, couple others, but won't hit the 9. Between that and buying a few long guns before the new reg hits on Jan 1, 2014, I'm going to be broke in 2014.

#35 ·
Man, we are in the minority in CA.
We need to speak up to stop thus silliness. On topic, some said this might make mfgr suit to drop tests. But to make the list the gun also needs a loaded chamber indicator AND a magazine disconnector - per CA rules.
:-(. So some things are just a no, even though they are perfectly 'safe'.

#39 ·
Many thanks again Chuck for starting this informative thread- and I thought I was complete with my toys, time to go shopping again...

Btw, do you and everyone think it would help if members list CA friendly vendors out of state willing to ship here for SSE.? Let me know and I can list a few based on my rookie experiences.

#40 ·
Thanks for the info everyone.

I don't know if its appropriate to ask, but what are some other off roster guns you'd suggest in getting?
I already have an HK45, not sure what else I'd be interested that's off roster.
If only there was a "roster" of guns not on the roster, right? =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.