+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: SSE News for all my Calif. Friends

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by saym14 View Post
    what about PPT of off roster ? still be allowed ?
    For now yes, not sure after Jan 1st. I am not a lawyer. I does say that an LEO will no longer be able to transfer an off roster gun. So your buddy at the police dept will no longer be able to buy an HK 45 and sell it to you after Jan 1st IF the Gov. signs it into law.

Bill Text - AB-169 Unsafe handguns.

Cross your fingers or pray, what ever works for you.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Vg247 - top gun supply will ship off-roster HK's to CA. I just bought a P30 from them w/o any issues. Just make sure its being shipped to an FFL that can do SSE.

For those in the Bay Area, Tracy Rifle and Pistol will do SSE on HK45's and P30's in both 9 and 40. No extra fees if you actually purchase the gun from them (assuming they have it in stock or can order it). If you purchase from another FFL and have it sent to them for SSE I think its $150 for SSE/DROS/Transfer/etc.

Thank you for the info regarding Top Gun :-)

Heads up for anyone in CA that gets an off-roster HK via SSE. I just got an HK45 and called HK CS about sending it in for a LEM conversion. Once the HK CS Rep realized that I was in CA and not Law Enforcement he said he wouldn't be able to send my gun back to me, If I sent it in, since HK considers the off-roster HK's like HK45's 'illegal' in CA. The real shocker was that he said conversions of HK pistols into single shots are not approved or authorized modifications by HK and as a result void the warranty. Sweet.

This is the first I've heard of this so I'm not sure if it's some new policy or what but I just wanted to spread the word. Folks over in the HK Customer Service forum here have had good things to say recently, but they must not be in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by dwolf725 View Post
    Heads up for anyone in CA that gets an off-roster HK via SSE. I just got an HK45 and called HK CS about sending it in for a LEM conversion. Once the HK CS Rep realized that I was in CA and not Law Enforcement he said he wouldn't be able to send my gun back to me, If I sent it in, since HK considers the off-roster HK's like HK45's 'illegal' in CA. The real shocker was that he said conversions of HK pistols into single shots are not approved or authorized modifications by HK and as a result void the warranty. Sweet.

This is the first I've heard of this so I'm not sure if it's some new policy or what but I just wanted to spread the word. Folks over in the HK Customer Service forum here have had good things to say recently, but they must not be in CA.
    Interesting. Wonder how they would treat an off roster pistol that was bought via PPT from an LEO? It would not have gone through the SSE transfer and thus warranty shouldn't be void, right?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Quote Originally Posted by deviljon View Post
    Interesting. Wonder how they would treat an off roster pistol that was bought via PPT from an LEO? It would not have gone through the SSE transfer and thus warranty shouldn't be void, right?
    Arent LEO sold pistols non warranted anyway?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent View Post
    Arent LEO sold pistols non warranted anyway?
    LEO is the market they go after, why wouldn't they offer a warranty?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    LEO is the market they go after, why wouldn't they offer a warranty?
    once they get resold.. Not being sold too LEO..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

SSE is a legal process in Calif. I could see if the process was not legal that could void the warranty. If the pistol was bought from a FFL in Calif. and you had a issue with it they would be hard pressed not to cover a defect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Links