+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: P30 - Moving to California

Castor

Default P30 - Moving to California

I live in ohio and am thinking about buying a p30 to celebrate.... well justing buying it for the hell of it actually but there is a good chance I might be in california in a couple months. Is this something I'm going to have to get rid of because of the hi-cap rule?

You can bring it in, just not the normal capacity mags. Only 10 rounders allowed. Also no pistols with threaded barrels. You might want to buy a couple of P30's and when you don't want them you can sell them in CA for some nice $$$$.

Thumbs up

Only 10 rounders allowed. Also no pistols with threaded barrels. You might want to buy a couple of P30's and when you don't want them you can sell them in CA for some nice $$$$.
    +1 and bring a couple HK45s as well.

Castor

I was already thinking about the HK45 so that might be nice but the problem is that from what I read there aren't any options for 10 magazines in the P30. The P2000 and USPCompact magazines are said to be too small to fit. My searching didn't seem to find an answer. I like shooting 9mm better for some reason (cost and familiarity) so hopefully someone knows of an aftermarket or option for a 10 rd p30 mag... or one becomes available when I get out there.

That's interesting. You can bring it in even though it's not on the roster?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

MLSECPRO at one point was selling P30's with 10 Round mags. I don't see the thread about it anymore, but it still might be worth giving them a call to see if they have any left, or can put one together for you.

Castor

Quote Originally Posted by smn_ss View Post
    That's interesting. You can bring it in even though it's not on the roster?
    From reading excerpt of the law copied on hkpro and the general feedback it seems like you can bring in any legal weapon as long as it adheres to the non-threaded barrel and hi-cap rule if you purchased the gun as a resident of a legal state.

I'll have to check the milspec for 10 rd mags. seems like going backwards but...

Very Senior Member

Contact the CA Justice Dept. to confirm.

Here's a link of CA approved handguns: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

There are a lot of guns that are not on the California DOJ approved list but which, if you already own them, you can bring with you and register here. Generally, 10 round limit, no threaded barrel and no full auto.
    If in time you were to decide that you wanted to sell them you can in Calif. and usually for a premium compared to everywhere else. Good examples would be HK4, most of the P7 series, either of the new ones p30 and HK45. To sell them to another California you have to do what we call a Private Party Transfer where both the seller and the buyer must be face to face at the FFL dealer. Private Party Transfers may be used for the "irregular and infrequent" transfer of handguns and that is defined as 5 or less per year. So, if you want to enjoy that HK45 or another HK handgun that's not on the list, you will be able to keep it and bring it with you. If you decide later that you don't want it anymore, you will not be stuck with it, you can sell it any time you want.
    Here is the link to the Calif. DOJ site.
    http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
    Bit bad by 'da HK bug
    hmmmm which one shall I get next?

Castor

Quote Originally Posted by softmentor View Post
    There are a lot of guns that are not on the California DOJ approved list but which, if you already own them, you can bring with you and register here. Generally, 10 round limit, no threaded barrel and no full auto.
    If in time you were to decide that you wanted to sell them you can in Calif. and usually for a premium compared to everywhere else. Good examples would be HK4, most of the P7 series, either of the new ones p30 and HK45. To sell them to another California you have to do what we call a Private Party Transfer where both the seller and the buyer must be face to face at the FFL dealer. Private Party Transfers may be used for the "irregular and infrequent" transfer of handguns and that is defined as 5 or less per year. So, if you want to enjoy that HK45 or another HK handgun that's not on the list, you will be able to keep it and bring it with you. If you decide later that you don't want it anymore, you will not be stuck with it, you can sell it any time you want.
    Here is the link to the Calif. DOJ site.
    http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
    Thanks for the info. Would I have trouble registering the P30 with 15 rd mags? Do they check for that stuff or is it simply filling out a form and handing it in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links