+ Reply to Thread

Thread: self-defense shooting in Shelton

Default self-defense shooting in Shelton

this is a sad story but yet another argument in favor of concealed carry:

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=8960768

Shelton (WTNH) -- It's a senseless and sad night for a man still trying to understand the death of his beloved Pug.

"They were jumping on me and I think it ended somewhere over here," Mike Majewski, of Shelton said.

Majewski shows News Channel 8 the spot in his Shelton back yard where a neighbor's two Pit Bulls attacked his dog Buster.

The 5-year-old Pug died from his injuries. Now, plans are underway to lay the dog to rest here.

"I got his favorite toys and bones and made a little coffin for him," Majewski said. "I got to pick him up in a while to bury him. It's probably going to be the hardest thing in my life."

It's been hard for Poncho, too, Majewski's other Pug who survived the attack.

But, Buster was special. It was his first pet and a big part of Majewski's life as seen in the countless photos.

Buster dressed for a day at the beach or in black tie for a special event.

Majewski tried to save his Pug, jumping into the fray. It ended only when Majewski pulled out a gun and shot both Pit Bulls.

Cox: What did you do right here?
    Majewski: This is where I was holding my dog and they saw my other dog and I grabbed my gun. And, I just started firing...until I unloaded everything right into them."

The two, injured Pit Bulls have been quarantined by animal control.

Majewski doesn't want the animals allowed back into the neighborhood.

"I don't think an animal that is that vicious should be alive -- either of them," he said.

Majewski is a licensed gun owner and was not charged since police told him he was acting in self-defense.

The fate of the Pit Bulls still has to be determined.

HKPRO Professional

Default Pit Bulls

Here is another story and good reason why these kind of dogs should not be allowed in populated areas. I am not trying to offend anyone that owns these kind of dogs but I have been attacked by Pitt Bulls 3 times in the line of duty as a cop. Thank God we had a no bite policy at the department I worked at. Unfortunate for the Pit Bulls that are now pushing up daisies.
    SR9-TC,91,MR762,416 10 inch,SL-6,SL-7,SL-8x2,MP-5N,USC and a USC to UMP 45,Tan and Black Mark 23, USP 45 Elite&Expert,USP Expert 9mmx2,USP 45T Black-Tan-Green frame's,USP 45CT,USP 45 Match HE&SS,USP 45f Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 45c 50th,USP 40T,USP 40f Custom Combat Green-Tan Frame,USP 40c Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 9mm SS,USP 357c,USP 9T,P2000 & P2000sk 357,HK45,HK45T Tan-OD-Black,HK45T&45 all Tan,HK45c FDEx2,VP9x3,P9S,P7 PSP,P7 M8 w/TB,VP70Z,4.380x2,19mm Flare Gunx2,26mm Flare Gunx3

Unrepentant HKHolic

I would like to know the make and caliber of the gun he used to only cause "injuries" to the attacking pit-bulls.
    Owns HK and Glock Pistols.
    NRA/CCDL/GSSF Member- Glock Certified Armorer

Improve Your Handgun Shooting Skills- Handgun Drills PDF

Not sure what this has to do with CC as usually defined (in public), since you should be able to CC on your own property.

Maybe it was an airsoft gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell
    In a world of compromise: Glock.
    Guns. My anti-drug.
    http://thebutterzone.com

Quote Originally Posted by N6ATF View Post
    Not sure what this has to do with CC as usually defined (in public), since you should be able to CC on your own property.
    "Should," yes, I agree. But the reality is that open carry within view of neighbors (even when you're on your own property) is still enough to get you in trouble around here. The actual text of the law on the books disagrees but in practice, anything that makes people jumpy can get you charged with breach of peace or worse.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by N6ATF View Post

Maybe it was an airsoft gun.
    Well here in CT you basically cannot purchase a handgun without a pistol permit. So chances are if you own a handgun you are a permit holder anyway.

As rummis said the permit is "to carry pistols and revolvers" and not specific in the regards that it is "concealed carry only". Open carry is not illegal here, nor is carrying open on ones own property. However, if the cops get a man with a gun call you can be cited for breech of peace and put your permit in jepordy. As such, I like to think we are a "concealed carry by practice" state. :)

Quote Originally Posted by frogman342 View Post
    Here is another story and good reason why these kind of dogs should not be allowed in populated areas. I am not trying to offend anyone that owns these kind of dogs but I have been attacked by Pitt Bulls 3 times in the line of duty as a cop. Thank God we had a no bite policy at the department I worked at. Unfortunate for the Pit Bulls that are now pushing up daisies.
    I completely understand your point..But it IS NOT the dogs/breeds fault..It's the morons that get a strong dog and promote aggressive behavior..I hate that is seems to be the "urban" community that has made it "cool" to own a pit and use it as a weapon instead of a pet,Which the media has totally played up. They have ruined the rep. of the dog.

I have a pit she is the nicest dog you'll meet because she is socialized with other dogs and people..Funny.. the neighbors SEEING EYE DOG German Shepard runs straight at her any time they are outside at the same time..

The owners of these aggressively trained dogs should be held more responsible than they currently are.. instead of saying "ohh it's a savage animal" and the breed should be erased..Erase the owner...The aggressive behavior is LEARNED by the dog from the owner that promotes it.

Just like having kids..If you cannot handle the responsibility..Don't have them
    One so far..HK P2000 .40LEM

Quote Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
    Well here in CT you basically cannot purchase a handgun without a pistol permit. So chances are if you own a handgun you are a permit holder anyway.

As rummis said the permit is "to carry pistols and revolvers" and not specific in the regards that it is "concealed carry only". Open carry is not illegal here, nor is carrying open on ones own property. However, if the cops get a man with a gun call you can be cited for breech of peace and put your permit in jepordy. As such, I like to think we are a "concealed carry by practice" state. :)

Good info..Wasn't clear on this..Was going to ask about how the shop workers open carry in the gun shops..

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    ..Erase the owner...The aggressive behavior is LEARNED by the dog from the owner that promotes it.

Just like having kids..If you cannot handle the responsibility..Don't have them
    I can't agree more.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Good info..Wasn't clear on this..Was going to ask about how the shop workers open carry in the gun shops..
    I do open carry at the range sometimes. At shooting ranges and gunshops it's sort of a given that no one is going to be alarmed by a "man with a gun"... everyone has a gun! Of course, one must always excercise discretion. :)

+ Reply to Thread

Links