The Passing of Members can be Remembered

Thread: The Passing of Members can be Remembered

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default The Passing of Members can be Remembered

An idea I would like to share. I would like to encourage the thought of a 'Former Members Wall'. The idea being a refrence library, much like the World of HK, of those in the HK community who are no longer with us but have been part of or have made noteworthy contributions to the folks of this community. I envision it like the memorials dedicated to our fallen veterans in the US, a webpage where folks can click on a name or icon and access a short, or lengthy, bio or memorial passage about that person and what they accomplished or contributed to the firearm community or to Hkpro members. Pics, videos or short declarations on what that person(s) did. Included is their friendships and fellowships, but also their ideas or work in an around the firearm community. I would like to see it set up a way for those members who are in contact, or 'in the know', can share with us, who are here on this site, about your friend, or coworker, or former boss about their unique contributions to this community and to the firearm community in general. It may be a lot to ask for in terms of work or website building, but I would think that it would become a remarkable flowering arrangement and preserve a certain establishment of this online gathering. A simple way to bless those who have fallen.
    Be excellent to each other.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Several years ago we created a special member group for HKPro folks that have passed: Requiescat in Pace. Searching on that usergroup will yield the members. We are in the process of updating the World of HK platform and then beginning to update and augment the content, though. I can see creating a page in WoHK that would create such an honor roll and, at the very least, guide a reader to the fallen's posts. I promise to take a look at putting this together and also creating a link to the WoHK memorial page from the forum in the top nav bar.
    "Crushing the bejeezus out of targets since 1968!"

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    Several years ago we created a special member group for HKPro folks that have passed: Requiescat in Pace. Searching on that usergroup will yield the members. We are in the process of updating the World of HK platform and then beginning to update and augment the content, though. I can see creating a page in WoHK that would create such an honor roll and, at the very least, guide a reader to the fallen's posts. I promise to take a look at putting this together and also creating a link to the WoHK memorial page from the forum in the top nav bar.
    An excellent idea!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with this idea Jeff,

A small touching tribute and biography of each passing member...

The Fallen / HKPRO Members ~ Requiescat in Pace.
    When you're at war with the enemy...
    When lives are at stake...
    When only the best will do...
    You must leave nothing to chance...
    Heckler & Koch Gmbh...

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Not forgotten. We are still doing a platform migration for the WoHK.

Sponsored Links