HKPRO Forums banner

"Collateral" Alleyway Gunfight Breakdown

11K views 38 replies 31 participants last post by  Sniperhunter 
#1 ·

USP45 :810:

#2 ·
We had this as a stage at WA IDPA state championship. 6 shots.. Vickers..

2nd place for the stages at 4.00s..

Stage description: With gun hand, slap away arm of first target, draw and engage with two shot to the torso followed with one to the head. Engage second target with two to the torso. Fire third shot to the head of target on the ground.

Sent from my WinPwn using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Love the movie, love HKs, and love the alleyway scene. Anyone else notice "Tweaker #2" "Mexican carried" his gun; which got stuck in his belt? This gives Vincent extra time to finish guy #1 and transition to guy #2. The scene taught me two things: 1) always have good holsters and practice smooth draws regularly and 2) when fighting multiple assailants, there is a large element of luck involved -- no matter how good you are you're probably going to get shot unless guy #2 doesn't have a clue.

#12 ·
I think Larry might change his best gun action movie when he sees. John Wick

#13 ·
Love Collateral and yes - Michael Mann does take his firearm scenes seriously - maybe over the holidays I will watch Collateral, Heat and Miami Vice

#19 ·
Just watched this for the first time and don't know how I haven't seen this before. Good actors, nice guns and action make it worth having. Between this and John Wick I need another HK to go with my Tactical 45.

#20 ·
I own both movies....John Wick and Collateral and I watch them on the regular cause I love seeing the HK's in operation. I'm actually watching John Wick now. Both Keanu Reeves and Tom Cruise do an AWESOME job in these movies portraying their hitman characters. Interesting thing about these movies is that they both have a "Club" scene demonstrating their shooting skills.

#25 ·
That's funny. The other day I was at the local gunshop and started talking HK's with the owner and he brought up Collateral and seemed downright offended that I have never seen it (Or even heard of it)
I bought it a couple hours ago and plan on watching it tonight.

#27 ·
If I were Vincent , I would just shoot the two guys in the back and be done with it. It made no tactical sense to call out to them and get in an armed confrontation. It may not look badass but it would be the right way to do it.

I do love that scene because it shows the real life is far more dramatic than Hollywood.

#30 ·
Im glad they used the standard full sized USP 45 in black, it looks more impressive in flat black, a shiny gun reminds me of a pimp's gun

Vincent was a highly trained former operator of some type? like a ex SEAL or Special Forces an expert in hand to hand combat and small arms, so it made more sense he used a standard combat sized gun.

#31 ·
Vincent was a highly trained former operator of some type? like a ex SEAL or Special Forces an expert in hand to hand combat and small arms, so it made more sense he used a standard combat sized gun.
It's never stated if Vincent served at all. However, in the making of the film documentary on the DVD, Michael Mann (the film's director), does state that Vincent is former Special Forces. And there was a former SAS operator who trained Tom Cruise how to use the USP45.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.