HKPRO Forums banner

gsgsd

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  hk envy 
#1 ·
Just as a quick note before the gsg, i bought a mp5 from IGF and a ca89k from coharie as some of you know. The IGF functions flawlessly. The CA89k took about 300 rounds and some polishing of rusted parts to get it to run.

So i seen a gsg-5 SD in the store and i couldnt live without it. Took it up shooting and it had problems every clip with cocking the hammer, the round would eject and the new one chambered but for some reason it wouldnt reset the trigger. Anyone have any insight?

#5 ·
I had one of the first GSG-5s and it was very ammo finicky, federal champion target seemed to be the only ammo that ran flawlessly on mine.

#8 ·
the problem is most definetly worse when using the old cheap stuff i have, but still occurs a bit with the expensive stuff. a guy at the gunshop said that his does that when he doesnt hold it tight to his shoulder. anyone hear of that before? i havent been able to get back to the range but ill post something up once i do. ill get an assortment of ammo and post results with each.

#11 ·
I have a GSG MP5 and GSG MP5K and the K gun has about 10 or 15 duds in 500 rounds while the MP5 has about 3-4 duds in 500. The K gun has more recoil than the MP5 and not having a stock and or less weight and shorter barrel may be the issue with the reduced reliability. Howerver, I am very happy with both units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.