+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MKE imported by ATI

Default MKE imported by ATI

I just contacted ATI and they said they are importing two 9mm pistols, a 9mm carbine and a .223 carbine from MKE and they will be in the country by December, with prices determined by the end of next month.
    Last edited by HKWeapon; 10-10-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

i kno GM he has the $$ to have bought the first shipment of those so

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by HKWeapon View Post
    I just contacted ATI and they said they are importing two 9mm pistols, a 9mm carbine and a .223 carbine from MKE and they will be in the country by December, with prices determined by the end of next month.
    Great news.
    Last edited by retrodog; 10-10-2009 at 01:26 AM.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Very Senior Member

They are going to bring them to the shot show and gauge interest. I think its going to be a hard sell, lots of nibbles but no real major league demand, at the prices they are quoting they won't compete with the current market.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Talking

Damn it...its going to kill my wallet. First the PS90, then this. Too many guns, not enough money. But I want one anyway :).

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

I thought I read that ATI said they had to significantly change the design to get HK to go along with importing it.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by Jwmohr View Post
    They are going to bring them to the shot show and gauge interest. I think its going to be a hard sell, lots of nibbles but no real major league demand, at the prices they are quoting they won't compete with the current market.
    What prices are they quoting and what is the current market?

Besides used stuff or kit deals.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver28732 View Post
    What prices are they quoting and what is the current market?

Besides used stuff or kit deals.
    GM posted $1495 for the MKE223 & $1499 for the MKE MP5-P/MP5K.

I think by market he means Cohaire/SW, Vector, or custom builds from all the HK Smiths. TB (Cohaire) just had a blow out sale on his 9mm clones $875-945'ish depending on models.

It really all depends on how the production models are going to look like. Fit, finish, neutered parts or not, etc. Many members are still questioning how they're even being imported without seeing much alteration to the design of the guns. From the pics GM posted of the 9mm eval models, I am not impressed with the welds at all. I am hoping that is just because it was an evaluation model. If the production guns look like that, I would be more than happy to stick with my Cohaire/SW guns.

I am excited to see that MKE is making a hard push to bring these over, but until we actually get to play with these guns, all this speculation is just madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepheris View Post
    GM posted $1495 for the MKE223 & $1499 for the MKE MP5-P/MP5K.

I think by market he means Cohaire/SW, Vector, or custom builds from all the HK Smiths. TB (Cohaire) just had a blow out sale on his 9mm clones $875-945'ish depending on models.

It really all depends on how the production models are going to look like. Fit, finish, neutered parts or not, etc. Many members are still questioning how they're even being imported without seeing much alteration to the design of the guns. From the pics GM posted of the 9mm eval models, I am not impressed with the welds at all. I am hoping that is just because it was an evaluation model. If the production guns look like that, I would be more than happy to stick with my Cohaire/SW guns.

I am excited to see that MKE is making a hard push to bring these over, but until we actually get to play with these guns, all this speculation is just madness.
    I understand the CA pricing but that is supposed to be an "end of life" deal so they will more then likely be gone before any of the MKE's hit the market.

I agree about the excitement but am also waiting to see if it will happen. Assume it will or GM wouldn't be selling them.

assume nothing...the road to hell is often paved with good intentions...i dont personally think GM is out to put the screws to anyone, but i doubt all of the information is in our face...the eval model was either approved or not...this is either a gun that has been approved or it isnt...and if it was approved, i dont see how the guns that will actually be shipping could possibly be ANY different...the design gets approved and then that is the gun they can ship so every time i hear some kind of statement about the actual guns being any different i tend to question the whole gig

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links