+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C93 half moon buffer and collapsing stock

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default C93 half moon buffer and collapsing stock

I just purchased a second Century C93 Sporter from AIM. Some of you may remember my adventures with my first one were mixed, but they have now lowered the price to $600 and I just could not resist picking up another.

This one is definitely different than the first one and quite possibly has been built by a different builder. I will have a full mechanical inspection and range report to follow.

The first major difference between the first and second is my second generation H&K collapsable stock would not fit my first C93 but fits fine on the second. This leads me to a technical question that I have searched HKPro for, but had no luck. The C93 has a half moon buffer built into the carrier. The H&K collapsing stock has a buffer built into the center of it.

The question is, should I just use both buffers or should I remove the buffer from the C93 bolt carrier. I would think leaving both would be the safest option. The problem with the second option is it will lighten the bolt carrier and as I plan to use this gun with my registered sear, that will increase the cyclic rate. Okay, maybe that is not a problem but it could lead to bolt bounce.

The third option is to buy a HK93 full auto bolt carrier with no buffer, but that is almost as much as I paid for the whole gun. ($409 from Gordon Miller, unless someone has a better option.)

So, has anybody put a collapsable H&K stock with a buffer on a HK93 or clone with a buffer and what were the results in either semi or full auto?

Any thoughts comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Danke Ludwig Vorgrimler und Helmut Weldle.

Desperately Needs Treatment

If I remember correctly, you can knock out the buffer from the carrier and it will function fine with a buffered stock. I am sure the answer is with one of the members.
    HK IN AK

Enough firepower to outfit a small country

I'm reasonably sure you are remembering correctly, but I was wondering if having both would be even better, like the two stage buffer for the HK91 / G3 type guns.

It looks like you could use both at the same time but I want to be sure and not risk mechanical damage. I would also like to know if there is any actual benefit or not.

Unrepentant HKHolic

I have both the HK folder stock and the buffered carrier in my 53P with a sear and it functions just fine.

As far as any additional benefit, I doubt it. Either/or would work just fine, together they work the same way... just fine. Recoil seems the same even when I removed the buffered stocks and put in a relatively unbuffered MP5 standard stock.
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

I used both a buffered bolt and buffered stock together. Didnt have a problem. Didnt notice anything pro or con either.
    HKMP5N
    HKMP5K
    Sl8/36 clone
    Hk93,HK91,G3K
    Vector V53-SBR
    USP9,USPC9
    Flemming sear

Thanks guys, that pretty well answers my questions. I think the best option is to leave both buffers in even though there might be no benefit, it does give you more flexibility in that if you leave the buffer in the carrier, you can switch back and forth between buffered and non-buffered stocks without messing with the carrier.

Mr. Mind, I think you also answered a question I had, but did not ask, and that is that obviously many stocks for the MP5 have a rubber bumper and will physically fit a 93 / 53 with buffered carrier, however will they be reliable? I assume the answer is yes as long as the carrier has a buffer and no if it does not.

Jay, good to hear from you.

If anybody else has anything to add please do so.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by HKrazy View Post
    Mr. Mind, I think you also answered a question I had, but did not ask, and that is that obviously many stocks for the MP5 have a rubber bumper and will physically fit a 93 / 53 with buffered carrier, however will they be reliable? I assume the answer is yes as long as the carrier has a buffer and no if it does not.
    Terry Dyer once told me long ago at the Creek the MP5 standard stock will work just fine on a standard UNBUFFERED 93/33 carrier. I kinda thought he was funnin' me, but he said he was serious. Said a 93 carrier shouldn't even really impact the stock buffer on a 93/33 with any real force. I was skeptical but gave it a try with a 53 and I'll be damned if it didn't work. Well, I put the stock back on the SW5 and put an A-3 stock on the 53 and then cut down a wooden G-3 stock (with 308 buffer) and even THAT works just fine.

But time will ultimately tell. I understand that Century is using MP5 standard stocks on their C-93's on Malaysian kits (with buffered carriers). Let's hear from the C-93 owners if they notice any damage on the stocks innards.

But time will ultimately tell. I understand that Century is using MP5 standard stocks on their C-93's on Malaysian kits (with buffered carriers). Let's hear from the C-93 owners if they notice any damage on the stocks innards.
    I asked this question originally because I had bought a second C93 Sporter and unlike the first one, where the receiver was too wide, the H&K A3 collapsable stock does fit the receiver of second one. There are several subtle differences that make me think Century is using a different builder. The fact that the receiver rails are the correct external dimension being one of them. As I am planning to use the H&K A3 collapsable stock on the second C93, is what lead to the questions.

The Stocks on the Century C93 Sporters are not MP5 stocks per se as they have an additional rubber disk riveted to the inside of the stock where the carrier's buffer impacts. This disk is not installed on a standard H&K MP5 stock. These were put there by H&K as I have a H&K HK-33 Malaysian parts kit that I bought at the SAR show in Phoenix about three years ago and it has the same rubber disk.

I have mercilessly fired my first C93 with buffered carrier and rubber disk in full auto, and I do mean mercilessly, with no apparent problems in that area.

As referred to in the range report for my first C93, the barrel is out of spec, so It's sole job in life is to act as a sear host I can do mag dumps in full auto with without worrying about messing up a good barrel because it is already messed up. It's definitely a drive it like you stole it kind of gun.

I'm hoping to get a more orderly result from my second C93, but at $600, I don't really care one way or the other. As sear owners know, the great advantage of having a sear is once you have it, your are able to buy a virtually brand new machine gun by buying a $600 - $1200 clone.

The problem with being "under buffered" is it can stretch the receiver out of spec by pushing the pin hole, at the bottom rear, backwards. I've seen this happen and it is not a good thing. It's a little hard to say what will and won't work as I have not done a lot of experimenting because the price of failure is a trashed receiver.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads