+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone use an aimpoint/eotech on their g3 clone?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Default anyone use an aimpoint/eotech on their g3 clone?

mainly interested in how well it works, especially with a magnifier. if so, at what distance do you have it sighted in?
    --------------------------
    "Guns....Lots of guns."
    -Neo, The Matrix
    --------------------------

"Glocks, and Exeter Sigs are what you show your friends. HK's, German Sigs, and 1911's are what you show your enemies."

mew
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

I used one (aimpoint ML2-4moa dot) on my HK with a BT 21262 mount. worked great and sighted at 100yds it was awsome. used the A3 stock on it. I wouldn't hesitate to go with either for CQB.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

I have a 'AA' battery Eotech on my G3 and it works great. The rifles shoots what it was intented to be use as, a battle rifle, 100-300 yard man-sized targets.

I save my magnified scope for my bolt rifles.

You will be happy with either an Aimpoint or an Eotech red dot
    The HK Family: HK51, HK53 and MP5(Dad, Mom and Jr.)

Very Senior Member

I have used the Eotech on my HK91, it worked great.
    The only problem is that with the B&T rail I was using there was not enough room to also mount a magnifier.

I've got mine set up like this:

It is the N battery version and I can advise anyone who is curious NOT to get it, the batteries just don't last. If I take it out for a day of hunting or a weekend at the range, I gotta change the batteries. There is room behind the sight for a magnifier, I just haven't gotten one yet. I can also see the irons through the base of the mount. The sight is a little high but it is actually pretty comfortable up there once you get used to it. I figure you should have your head up if you're using a dot anyways.

ETA: It is zeroed @ 100 yds.
    Last edited by darthvictor; 03-09-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Left out some requested info.
    History is not happenstance, it is conspiratorial: carefully planned and executed by people in power.

thanks, thats the feedback i need. i have a clone claw mount, will it cause the sight to sit too high?

Unrepentant HKHolic

As you can see from this pic of a aimpoint-type optic on a Claw Mount, it will sit it up rather high, but in my opinion, it's still not too high for my tastes, but an Eotech on a claw would be a little too high for me.

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, them dang olí HKs, man, talkin' bout SUH-WEET, man, dang ol' point and click, baby, just, just, dang ol' awesome, man.

whats more important? Irons you can count on at 1,2,&300trds OR a non-magnified scope that can get knocked off zero so easily? answer is a 4x24 z-24 hendsoldt scope that was desingned to use irons and stay PUT at zeroe,and rugged also. I love mine it does what it was intended for. M.O.

I can say that I have had my EoTech off of the weapon a few times and I've never had to re-zero it. As I said, the reflex is my head-up sight and when I need to take a long shot with a lot of time to do so I can still hunker down on the irons without taking off the dot. The system I have works for me the way I use it and since he asked questions specifically about a setup like mine, I gave him my pros and cons. The answer for you is a Z24, but that is not what he asked about.

To answer the height question, my mount is the same height as the Hensoldt claws and I do not find it to be too high, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by tcr39 View Post
    whats more important? Irons you can count on at 1,2,&300trds OR a non-magnified scope that can get knocked off zero so easily? answer is a 4x24 z-24 hendsoldt scope that was desingned to use irons and stay PUT at zeroe,and rugged also. I love mine it does what it was intended for. M.O.
    i considered a z-24 but i think for me a heads up sight will work better. i doubt i would have many 300m shots, even if i used the rifle for hunting. i am sure the aimpoints and eotechs are rugged and they afford the ability to use accessories like the magnifier and night vision.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links