+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Century C93 Sporter 922r parts Count

Very Senior Member

Some of the clones (I believe Vector) may come with the SOU lower, but not Century. Most (if not all) of the C93 (Century) lower housings are US made as they come from the factory. People are replacing these with the imported SOU lowers and need to come up with a US made part to keep up the 922r parts count.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    My flash hider just screws on - it's easily removable. It's my understanding that replacing it with a US made part would count toward 922r compliance - am I incorrect?
    I think that you are correct. My FH is threaded and looks like it can be removed. I may go that route to be compliant w/ the 922r count.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_xxx View Post
    I'm about 99.8% sure you will need a US made part to add the SOU lower...and remember that the FH doesn't count because it is attached to the barrel. Best way to do a foreign lower on the C93's looks like either replacing the trigger or stock with one from Scorpion Arms IMO.

Also, TB will have US made A3 style stocks available soon for our rifles if you are interested in going that route
    I'm confused about the stock and handgaurds. The sales manager from CAI said...

"From my experience, the parts that are US have been receivers, triggers, hammers, pistol grips, stocks, sears...etc. But AGAIN, that does not mean we use the same formula for every rifle. Most US parts are signified with a "C".

Also... A US replacement part is not always marked, but should be bright finished and is threaded into the carrier. It is secured with a small weld where the holes for the cross pin would be set. The original part is secured with a cross pin through the threads to attach it to the carrier and will have a blued finish on the face of the head.

Examination of the part should show the origin. If it is original, it can be easily replaced. I have always been told, that as long as you stick with US parts, you will not throw off the count."

So, this would cause one to possibly believe that the stock is US made. If it's now US made, I think that it would be the least expensive part to replace for 922r compliance. Or am I wrong?
    Last edited by CA94noob; 07-07-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Not all of them have that lower, mine for one is the cheesy grip with the finger swells.....lame! Also, it looks like a lot of the parts in the lower are compliant as well as the cocking handle....but IDK for sure since no one has yet to be able to confirm what is American made. I'd say until that day happens, I'd just go with the standard rule; to add a foreign made part, you must replace another foreign part with an American part. For example, I have been thinking about replacing that cheesy lower with an HK C&P lower, and then just toss a PTR stock on it. Done deal ;)
    So, a PTR-91 Stock will work for the C93? Thanks.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

yes, but only the rear section. you will need an un-buffered backplate with only one pin hole to mount it to your c93 as well as a buttpad if you are buying new. Adam at hkparts.net also has some cool US made "club foot" stocks that would work. And my FH is permanently attached (looks to be silver solder?). Century does this because then the foreign made FH is now considered part of the US made barrel, and no longer counts against the overall parts count. So be careful...
    PEW PEW PEW

Very Senior Member

Neither the stock nor handguard that came on my C93 are US made - they are obviously used/surplus. There are several US made stocks that will fit the C93, but getting the correct backplate ($99 from Hkparts.net) and a US made stock & buttpad ($39/stock, $19 buttpad - HKparts.net) would be the easiest way to preserve the original "look" of the rifle. The $39 stock he sells for the C93 is the PTR stock.

yes, but only the rear section. you will need an un-buffered backplate with only one pin hole to mount it to your c93 as well as a buttpad if you are buying new. Adam at hkparts.net also has some cool US made "club foot" stocks that would work. And my FH is permanently attached (looks to be silver solder?). Century does this because then the foreign made FH is now considered part of the US made barrel, and no longer counts against the overall parts count. So be careful...
    I just ordered a US made FH from HKPARTS.NET. I didn't think about checking to see if my FH is soldered in
    place. :( If I can remove the foreign made FH and install the US made one, then that should take care of the
    foreign SUO lower, right?

Thanks.

Very Senior Member

As long as the FH is removable it is my understanding that replacing it with a US made FH will lower your 922r foreign made parts count. However, if it's "permanently" attached removing it and permanently replace it with a US made FH it will have no impact on your US made parts count, as the FH is already counted as being part of the US made barrel in this case. This isn't legal advice, but that's what my readings indicate.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Quote Originally Posted by CA94noob View Post
    I just ordered a US made FH from HKPARTS.NET. I didn't think about checking to see if my FH is soldered in
    place. :( If I can remove the foreign made FH and install the US made one, then that should take care of the
    foreign SUO lower, right?

Thanks.
    This is how to remove the FH if it is permanently attached...but like I said; if indeed it is and you toss a US made FH on, your just burning time & money. If not and it spins free without a ton of effort, then you should be GTG. But remember, were not lawyers, just friends giving advice...so take it for what it's worth:)

Very Senior Member

This is how to remove the FH if it is permanently attached
    Don't you mean if it's not permanently attached? If it were "permanently" attached (soldered on) wouldn't it be a lot harder to get off than that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads