+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Century C93 Sporter 922r parts Count

Default Century C93 Sporter 922r parts Count

Do you guys know what the 922r parts count is on the Century C93 Sporter? I want to replace the lower with a non US made lower.

Thanks!

Desperately Needs Treatment

I know the barrel and receiver are US made, but not sure about the other 5 required parts. Myself I would get whatever lower I wanted and then throw in a US made hammer or sear since they are cheap and easy to install

Desperately Needs Treatment

The lower is also a u.s. part. Ptr uses the same lower.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Not all of them have that lower, mine for one is the cheesy grip with the finger swells.....lame! Also, it looks like a lot of the parts in the lower are compliant as well as the cocking handle....but IDK for sure since no one has yet to be able to confirm what is American made. I'd say until that day happens, I'd just go with the standard rule; to add a foreign made part, you must replace another foreign part with an American part. For example, I have been thinking about replacing that cheesy lower with an HK C&P lower, and then just toss a PTR stock on it. Done deal ;)
    PEW PEW PEW

Very Senior Member

I went so far as to call Century - I spoke to a nice guy who seemed to want to be helpful, but he said that which parts were used for 922r compliance varied depending on when the gun was built. He didn't have the information to reference my SN and tell me which parts were US, and I never pursued the question. I follow the same rule as rob_xxx - remove a US part from one place, add one somewhere else!

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to email Century and I'll let you know what I find out.

I received the following response from a CAI sales manager in regards to the 922r parts count is on the Century C93 Sporter:

The parts that we install in our firearms vary from make and model , and are considered proprietary information. We comply with all federal firearms regulations and ensure that all of our firearms are in compliance with Title 18 Chapter 44 para 922 (r), Para 925 (d)(3) and 27 CFR para 479.39 (c). We take special care to ensure that no more than 10 foreign parts listed in para 478.39(c) are installed in any firearm that we make from imported parts.

There are some under a misconception regarding the number of US parts required in a specific rifle. It is not the quantity of US parts that is restricted, but the number of imported parts that is restricted as outlined in par 478.39 (a) & (c).
    Century does not divulge the parts lists, as we know the guns leave our factory in total compliance. Also, it is not possible to be exact, because it is the number of parts, not the specific parts themselves...so that is not kept noted for the hundreds of thousands of rifles we sell.

From my experience, the parts that are US have been receivers, triggers, hammers, pistol grips, stocks, sears...etc. But AGAIN, that does not mean we use the same formula for every rifle. Most US parts are signified with a "C".
    Also... A US replacement part is not always marked, but should be bright finished and is threaded into the carrier. It is secured with a small weld where the holes for the cross pin would be set. The original part is secured with a cross pin through the threads to attach it to the carrier and will have a blued finish on the face of the head. Examination of the part should show the origin. If it is original, it can be easily replaced. I have always been told, that as long as you stick with US parts, you will not throw off the count.

M.
    Dealer Sales Manager

The sales manager wrote me back almost immediately, which was nice. I wish I knew if swapping the stock lower receiver for the SUO one I purchased will require another US made part to be added or what must be done. Any clue guys?

Thanks.
    Last edited by CA94noob; 07-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

I'm about 99.8% sure you will need a US made part to add the SOU lower...and remember that the FH doesn't count because it is attached to the barrel. Best way to do a foreign lower on the C93's looks like either replacing the trigger or stock with one from Scorpion Arms IMO.

Also, TB will have US made A3 style stocks available soon for our rifles if you are interested in going that route
    Last edited by rob_xxx; 07-07-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rob_xxx View Post
    ..and remember that the FH doesn't count because it is attached to the barrel.
    My flash hider just screws on - it's easily removable. It's my understanding that replacing it with a US made part would count toward 922r compliance - am I incorrect?

The SOU lower is an imported part (SOU is Malyasian for S,E,F). If you replace it with another imported part there is no change to the parts count.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links