+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Report Vector V53K not good!!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by travelinscout View Post
    Well,at Vector's expense my 53K is on it's way back to them under warranty. I'll repost once it comes home.......
    Yes, please keep us posted on how things go.

HKPRO Professional

If it wasn't under warranty of course I would have sent it to Ghillie. But since it is, and I paid good money for it, I want Vector to make it right for free. Not just for me, but for everyone else out there that buys their guns and has a problem. If we, the consumer, don't force them to improve their quality control who will? Just my .02C..

I hate to say this but for their cost of contracting out the manufacturing (Century certainly does this maybe not so with Vector) I seriously doubt any weapons manufacturer will change. Its cheaper for them not too. The good part is that there are a good bunch of "smiths" right here that can help. I have a c93 from century getting rebuilt by SSE Guns (BIG50) and I am glad just as much as the Ghillie build guys are! I agree that sending it back to Vector was the way to go. You could have bought a CAI but opted to spend the cash to go with Vector. Dam Quality Control issues! The good part is if it comes back you can get a good rebuild here! Good Luck

Very Senior Member

If it wasn't under warranty of course I would have sent it to Ghillie. But since it is, and I paid good money for it, I want Vector to make it right for free. Not just for me, but for everyone else out there that buys their guns and has a problem. If we, the consumer, don't force them to improve their quality control who will? Just my .02C..
    Join the crowd, we all did the same and then sent it to Jeff, jus sayin!

HKPRO Professional

I figured a good first step was to try and let Vector make it right. I'll keep everyone posted once I get it back.,

HKPRO Professional

Well, Vector test fired my 53K and decided that the lower wasn't sitting correctly. They replaced the whole lower with a tighter fitting unit and it is on its way back to me. Total turnaround time: less than one week. Karen and all the folks I spoke with at Vector were fantastic. Friendly and helpful. Can't wait to get my new baby back! Form one is on it's way too for SBR....sweeet.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Glad it went ok for ya. They had mine for 5 months and when I got it back there were parts still missing!!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Luke 11:21
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Well, Vector test fired my 53K and decided that the lower wasn't sitting correctly. They replaced the whole lower with a tighter fitting unit and it is on its way back to me. Total turnaround time: less than one week. Karen and all the folks I spoke with at Vector were fantastic. Friendly and helpful. Can't wait to get my new baby back! Form one is on it's way too for SBR....sweeet.
    They always took good care of me but it was Ghillie, thanks again Jeff, that told me my problem was due to the weak cut down recoil spring that Vector used. Ghille was right on!

HKPRO Professional

Mike, when I asked them about the spring they said they use a special cut down rod. Did you replace just the spring? They told me that they had no problems with my gun but decided to give me a new lower just because it seemed a little looser than it should be. Seems dubious to me.. I will see how it functions once I get it back in the next couple of days. They said they included the two magazines that they used to test it. So at the very least, I got two more free mags!!

HKPRO Professional

Well, here we go again. Took the 53K out after getting it back from Vector and same problem. I know everyone will tell me to send it to Ghillie, but while it is under warranty I want Vector to make it right. I will keep everyone posted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Links