+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just In: Century C93 Pistol

Well Frank, It's all solved. New locking piece did the trick. I tried out the #3 and the #15 and both work flawlessly. Almost a hundred rounds and not a single failure. I'm going to stick with the #15 because it works fine and most of the ammo my range sells is 55g. #3 is going up for sale on the board if you're interested.

With all the talk about the ejector levers i checked mine. It's the original 33 one thus longer. It did have a little gap between it and the bolt head but i shimmed up my shelf so the trigger housing fit a little higher and it works just fine.

FWIW, the RCM #15 LP gave me an extra .002 bolt gap that a brand new hk #3 lp didn't. I wonder if they were designed that way intentionally. I noticed that an RCM mp5k LP did the same thing when compared to a BMP one.

Stout: from what i've read, the short one is a newer style and is now used in all the 223 guns, not just the 53. Looks like HK has done this to just about all of their ejector levers in the last few years.

Well yesterday I needed a personal day so I went to the range with C93P once again. This time I took a wide variety of ammo with most of it being Federal / LC XM193 55 grain "5.56" ammo. Also, took some Winchester, S&B, American Eagle .223, Hornady Steel Match 75 gr., and some Tula polymer coated 55 gr FMJ. I had been told by another owner of a C93P that it would work with the LC 5.56 ammo so I started off with that and here are the results. Keep in mind that this gun had only 30 rounds through it previously and had not been cleaned since, my bad due to a busy schedule.

LC XM193 5.56 ammo...the gun surprised me and actually ran like she should have! I put maybe 100 rounds through it and it had a few Failures to extract and really chewed up the brass pretty good on those few.

Next up with an already warmed up gun was the Winchester .223 and it ran well after the XM193 loosened up the gun.

Then I tried the American Eagle .223 on the already warmed up gun and it ran but, with several stoppages and FTE's.

Next up was the Hornady Steel Match, which produced a much stiffer recoil impulse and only cycled 4 cartridges before it let me know it didn't like it and locked up the carrier with a double feed and FTE.

Then I tried the S&B which ran without a stitch and never missed a beat.

Next up after that was the Tula 55 grain FMJ and that was a total mistake, the gun absolutely did not like that ammo and I got FTE after FTE.

Then I tried some TZZ ammo which I had in my range bag from a previous shoot. The C93P absolutely did not like this ammo and one case actually seized into the flutes and had to be beat out of the gun. It blew out the primer and when I finally recovered the brass case it was split in every flute impression. I will not be using this ammo again in the gun.

Overall, the gun performed well with a few FTE's due to the various types of ammo but, definately showed a preference for the Federal / LC 5.56 flavor of ammo.
    It was accurate enough for me to engage targets past 100 yards and even out to 300 yards with some minor adjustments for windage and elevation.

I will be stripping it down in the morning and inspecting everything and plan to install the #15 LP in it .

The gun did loosen up after the first 100 rounds but, then started getting a little finicky after about 350 rounds, probably from all the dirty ammo that had been shot in it. Overall I was pleased more so this time than the first time out.

Oh and BTW the cocking tube cover that had been missing since I took delivery of the pistol finally arrived today ...after one solid month, many phone calls, and emails later. Not the best CS but at least I got it.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Century says it all
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by jredd246 View Post
    Stout: from what i've read, the short one is a newer style and is now used in all the 223 guns, not just the 53. Looks like HK has done this to just about all of their ejector levers in the last few years.
    Heh... they haven't made any in the last few years... semi roller production halted years ago. Most of the contract manufacturers have also stopped producing, except Turkey and Mexico, I believe. Meh... I could be wrong...
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

Very Senior Member

and still no pics......

Update.
    After polishing up some of the internals and changing to the RCM #15 Locking piece and the newer shorter ejector lever I took it to the range Saturday with the following results.

Ran LC XM193 55gr. ammo (several boxes) with not one issue at all.
    Ran Winchester 55 gr. ball (several boxes) with not one issue at all.
    Ran Hornady Steel Match 75 gr. (one box of 50) with not one issue at all.
    Ran American eagle 55 gr. (several boxes)with not one issue at all.
    Ran Tula 55 gr. Steel cased ammo (one box of 20) from Wally world .....with not one issue at all.

Brass is extracting and ejecting very robustly and clears the ejection port by a full 20-25 feet or more leaving a slight diagonal mark on the brass from the ejector lever and light flute marks from the chamber.

Now it's had maybe 500 rounds through it and I've cleaned it several times and changed the L/P to a #15 and the ejector lever to the newer style, highly polished the bolt head and the gliding surfaces of the carrier and switched ammo and it's working great!
    Thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate it.
    Now that it's reliable I'm going to work on trying to make that cocking lever a bit easier to lift up initially, any suggestions?
    Last edited by Frank in GA.; 07-16-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank in GA. View Post
    Update.
    Now that it's reliable I'm going to work on trying to make that cocking lever a bit easier to lift up initially, any suggestions?
    Check to make sure your cocking tube support gap is correct and you can install an extended hk21 type handle.

Quote Originally Posted by mt162 View Post
    Check to make sure your cocking tube support gap is correct and you can install an extended hk21 type handle.
    The support tube is rotated for access of the cocking handle pin hole on these pistols, so the 21 handle clone will hit the sight tower.

Here is a picture of mine

Robert has some 91 rubber tipped handles for $10. Makes it nice on the slap. As you might know, the 93 cocking handle cam points could be a bit different, but it works just as smooth as the old one on my gun. Yes it is on the gun in the picture.
    here is the link for the handle.
    HK91 G3 PTR Cocking Handle - Spring - Pivot Pin - German HK, RTG Gun Parts

Quote Originally Posted by jredd246 View Post
    The pre 86 dealer sample 53 that I'm comparing to has the short ejector lever. It is unfired in the box so I do wonder when HK changed the design from the long to the short ejector. Or if the short one was standard in the 53 all along....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links