+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vector 51 Pistol

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default Vector 51 Pistol

I'm looking to pick up a v51pistol to use with a sear.... I recently shot one in FA with an A3 stock and loved the cal but not the stock, but I prefer A2 stocks anyway, even with my 9mm clones.

Anything I need to look for? Cocking tube? Canted sights?

Anything else I will need to purchase besides an A2 stock to use with the sear? Will I need another recoilassembly to use with the stock or is the one included with the pistol, ok? ( I always see the stock for sale w/the recoil assembly so wasn't sure if it's different?)

Any goods/bad?

Atlantic has these new for 1275.00 and kelly enterprises has these for 1225.00 but why do I see others list these for 1500, 1600? Wishful thinking or Are there advantages to older guns from a decent era or are the newer ones and 5 yr warranty, ok?

I've heard the feedback for Atlantic, but what abt Kelly enterprises? Ay info/experience with them?
    Last edited by scottMO; 10-16-2012 at 08:27 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I had great experience with Chuck from Kelly Enterprise. He answers the phone night or day and will give you his input if you ask for it. I also had great experience working with Blaine from Atlantic. They both appear to be class outfits IMO.

I bought a VKE-91K from Kelly and sent off the collapsing stock to Bill Springfield for a new buffer. It was not shootable with the standard buffer...bruising doesn't begin to explain the colors one will see. I also bought a heavy buffer from RobertRTG HK Heavy Buffer by Parabellum Combat Systems, HK Recoil Reducing Heavy Buffer for HK91 G3 PTR91 HK93, RTG Gun Parts for my A2. Sadly I have not tried either stock out since getting the new buffers.

so if i add a stock (sear/sbr), is the included recoil assembly ok, or do i need a different one?

So: A2 stock, above mentioned heavy recoil buffer, optional buttpad too..

anything else?

Not sure on the current crop, but my V51 needs a special recoil rod, it collapses into itself. Rather than just a rod with a spring like a standard 91.

I've been toying with the idea of a heavy buffer and the softer rubber butt pad. I haven't heard any direct comparisons from the RTG/PCS unit vs the HK heavy buffer.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by scottMO View Post
    so if i add a stock (sear/sbr), is the included recoil assembly ok, or do i need a different one?

So: A2 stock, above mentioned heavy recoil buffer, optional buttpad too..

anything else?
    I replaced the buffer in my stock with the Ghillie heavy buffer sold by RTG and put the larger rubber buttpad on as well...thx for reminding me about that.

So, any regrets? I have 5x 9mm clones and 1x5.56 clone. I've really gotten used to the smoothness of the 9mms and its easier to find indoor gunranges that will let you shoot the pistol cals. I recently shot a 51 mg and it was an ass kicker, but I'm kinda drawn to it.

Default Kelly Enterprises

I have bought a number of guns from Chuck at Kelly Enterprises. That guy answers the phone at midnight and on weekends, emails you back as well. What I like about his site is it is always up to date, if he says he has it, he has it. He is also easy to work with to add stocks, bullet buttons, or whatever else you might want. Great guy to buy from.

Thought I haven't purchased anything from Chuck, I can attest to his prompt response time. I sent him an email in about 20mins I already had a response.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by scottMO View Post
    So, any regrets? I have 5x 9mm clones and 1x5.56 clone. I've really gotten used to the smoothness of the 9mms and its easier to find indoor gunranges that will let you shoot the pistol cals. I recently shot a 51 mg and it was an ass kicker, but I'm kinda drawn to it.
    No regrets really. It's a smallish .308 running full auto up against your shoulder, and it's moving a fair amount. I don't think I would shoot mine inside, because of that movement and I need to keep everything on the paper while indoors. It's a blast to shoot outside though when you don't have to worry about being accurate and want to do a mag dump. My inside shooting is pretty much MP5 / MP5k stuff that is easy to control.

Here is a video of my G3k clone running full auto (before the new buffer): http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/...rmsVKE-91k.mp4

From this thread of a review of that gun from Kelly: Kelly Enterprises - Vector Arms - VKE-91k Range Report IMAGE HEAVY

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyr View Post
    It's a blast to shoot outside though when you don't have to worry about being accurate and want to do a mag dump. My inside shooting is pretty much MP5 / MP5k stuff that is easy to control.
    You don't have to sweat controlling a 51 or a 51K. Shorter barrels have less recoil. Here's a vid of one of each being shot last summer up in the North COuntry...

Twin HK51 - YouTube
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links