HKPRO Forums banner

What happened to all of the Umarex / HK MP5-22 fixed stocks?

25K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Hoyle 
#1 ·
I purchased a HK mp5-22 (HK/Walther/Umarex one, not the GSG one) a while back as a plinker - but the collapsing stock is terrible. I lurked around here for a while and saw that others felt the same way, but adding a fixed stock would resolve the issue, so I tried to buy one in December of 2013.
I ordered one from a questionable site that no longer exists, and after 45 days with no stock finally got a refund. I figured I would wait for midway or some other reputable place to get them back in stock.... but I am starting to question if anyone ever will.
I have read that the furniture from a true MP5 would work, but then I have also read that it would not work. I did see that the GSG stocks would not work at all, or at least not without a lot of modification.

Has anyone tried to fit a true MP5 stock on one of these? Or if a GSG stock, how much work was it to modify and fit?

Thanks!

#4 ·
I can try my A2 stock when I get home next week
Thanks! I have been on email alert with a few sites (midway, cheaperthandirt, opticsplanet, etc) since January with no luck. I figure there are enough GSG out there for them to justify the cost of doing a run of stocks, but I suspect there are far fewer of the HK MP5-22 rifles out there. If a normal A2 stock fits, H&K may NOT want them floating around, in fear that someone would take their $60 "designed for .22lr" stock as a cheap and dangerous substitute to the $300 or so true A2.
Thanks again, I look forward to hearing your results!

#8 ·
Well, I picked up a C93 over the weekend and that stock would NOT fit at all. I am new to all the H&K variants, so I don't know which stocks / trigger control group / whatevers are interchangeable, but it was pretty obvious that the C93 stock was totally different than the Umarex / Walther / H&K MP5-22 stock.
Oh well, I guess I will keep on waiting for the Umarex A2 stock to become available again.

#9 · (Edited)
I've got both a 9mm Hk MP5-N (TOP) and the .22LR Walther/Umarex Hk MP5 (BOTTOM), see photo below. I've got both the A2 and A3 stocks (Hk and Walther/Umarex) for both. Unfortunately the Hk and the Walther/Umarex are not readily interchangable. It would appear to require quite a bit of hand-fitting to adapt a Hk A2 stock to the Walther/Umarex. Sorry for the bad news. On the plus side, here's a link to at least one that "appears" available, today for about $44.00. Good luck!:

http://www.hunting4less.com/walther-578108-fixed-stock-for-hk-mp5-22lr/

#20 ·
I am also looking for a fixed stock for my newly acquired HK MP5 A5 22lr. Every site I checked has them listed as discontinued so I guess there won't be anymore made. If there is anyone that wants to sell me theirs please contact me. I heard that the true MP5 fixed stock will not fit the Umarex version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.