HKPRO Forums banner

Vector Arms V93, what's the quality like these days?

15K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  KalashniKEV 
#1 ·
So recently I bought a Daewoo K2 off of gunbroker but when it got here, I found that it had a broken gas piston. Hated to do it but I decided to return it to the seller and he's making good on returning my money. That will give me funds to buy a new rifle and I'm looking close at a Vector V93 from Atlantic Arms. I want my PTR91 to have a little brother and I am suffering from a case of AR burnout hence the reason I'm looking at the V93. I know Atlantic Arms has an excellent reputation of customer service and they have no problems holding anyone's feet to the fire about warranty work over the guns they sell, Vector included! I have looked around for reviews on the V93 and while they range from generally good to a lemon here and there, the reviews I've found are along the order of 2+ years old. So does anybody have any first hand knowledge of the QC at Vector these days? I already sent back one bad rifle and the VZ2008 I recently got from PSA had to go back to Century to straighten the front sight and now I see is a candidate for having the carrier tabbed as well. I just don't want to get another lemon with issues that have to be worked out in order to get a good rifle.

#7 ·
Ghillie fixed my vector right. Wasn't a year old. Better of building a parts 53 or factor in some extra cash to get the vector running right. LP, head, paddle redo, Even the barrel was bad. Key holing. Oh yeah and something about vector bankruptcy.....

#17 ·
So I realize this is an old thread, but I think my post is relevant. One of the owners, who I know, at my local lgs is selling a V93 from his own collection. Based on when he bought a few, production was no later than 2012. I did the basic checks, squared rails, straight tubes/barrel, mag well isn't too tight, triple tree looks good, etc. I wasn't able to check bolt spacing though. Overall condition is excellent, finish is a nice deep black and everything functions as it should while handling it in the shop.
Is there anything else I should look at before committing to buying it? He's asking $1500.
Thanks!

#18 · (Edited)
welcome :)

1500 bucks is a good deal, you can use spark plug feelers to check the gap. I bought a V53 pistol in 2007 that was probably about when that was made, and going by how my functions, perfectly no jams misfeeds, and didn't require a lot of elevation or windage adjustment.

and if you have a BETA drum, BETA CO. make and sells HK33 feed towers

#22 ·
yep, I like those kinds of instructional videos, short and sweet and right to the point.......unlike the guys who think "they're all of that and then some" going on and on about their life story and other factors that don't have anything to do with what the topic is. it's a nuisance of jumping through the BS to get to what you want..........and even then they still put in their worthless 2 cents in.

#23 ·
I have 2 V93's in the #U9xxx range and both operate flawlessly with my Fleming sear. One is a little "off" as it will not accept a claw mount but all other mounts work fine. I have 5 of the old Vectors and all make great hosts (V51, V53 (#U9xxx), V89 (.40) & 2 V93's)

Reactions: hkshooterusp
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.