HKPRO Forums banner

My like new JLD PTR91!!

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Blitzkrieg 
#1 ·
I located a like new JLD
PTR91 last week that was like new. Thought I would share. I added the green furniture, metal trigger housing, and Greek contract bi-pod. Very happy with the find.

colt6933

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Ver nice, serial# will tell you what barrel it has. Wilson early, TC later. Does it have 12 or 10 flutes in the chamber? My #A53** has 10 flutes and an 8 groove rifling wilson barrel , my #A64** has 12 flutes and a 4 groove riflingTC barrel. The TC hates the heavier tar sealed ammo, but has a very tight accurate chamber that eats all other nato but the DAG/MEN. I reload for all my G3 clones anyway. 150/155g, im sitting on all the battlepacks. Port,ggg, aussie,brit, men,prvi. I use lake city brass from " wideners".

#8 ·
Yes sir, it may not like the tar sealed south African nato ball or the german Dag but it will eat everything else. Those rounds have a heavy tar like bullet sealer they used for shelf life. These barrels have tight match chambers, NOT shallow flutes like everyone thought years ago.Most of that ammo is drying up anyway. Get a single stage press and start loading for it, you wont regret it.

#14 ·
My early AW prefix PTR heavy barrel is a TC.. so far it eats everything and has been totally reliable. Great score, but add a port buffer to save that brass!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.