High Gloss Black HK paint?

Thread: High Gloss Black HK paint?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default High Gloss Black HK paint?

Ok so I have an Omega SD Upper, the retractable stocks sold by HKparts.net have 2 different finishes, while its not that important Id like to match the stock to the upper when I get my tax stamp back. Does anyone know of a good "HK gloss" spray to use on the stock? Or should I just use standard gloss black on it vs some duracoat or other?
    Last edited by jhartmac; 02-18-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Omega color does not match anything I have seen.
    Why not have both refinished to match each other?
    Contact Select Fire Weaponry. 262-=923-7181
    email: selectfireweaponry@gmail.com
    Owner is Chris
    They have done several jobs for me and have always done a great job.
    They work with both Duracoat and Cerocoat.
    The Duracoat HK color looks the best. The Cerocoat is much more durable.
    Their brochure price is $100.00 for a handgun plus shipping.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As far as your finish question, even HK factory receivers and stocks can vary in color depending on when they were made. If you want the barreled receiver and stock to match, you can do every thing from buying a can of spray paint from the local hardware store and painting both yourself to sending them both to a shop that specializes in firearm finish. You get what you pay for. Spray can paint will not be as durable and solvent resistant as a professional firearms finish. I had Joe at Dakota Tactical refinish a converted HK 94 for me. What a fantastic job he did. It was $300 for the refinish with reparkerizing the internals. So can you live with the difference or spend the time and/or money. That part is up to you.

Scott
    Last edited by scottinthegrove; 02-17-2017 at 11:38 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    First, I'm sorry but I don't know where "Front Royal" is. Most members of this board live in the US and we try very to stay within the law. In the US unless you own a registered machinegun conversion device or have registered your Omega SD (barreled receiver as an "upper" is not a HK roller locked term) as a SBR it is not legal in the US to possess a SD barreled receiver (less than 16" barrel) and a stock for said firearm whether you install the stock on the receiver or not. Please clarify.

As far as your finish question, even HK factory receivers and stocks can vary in color depending on when they were made. If you want the barreled receiver and stock to match, you can do every thing from buying a can of spray paint from the local hardware store and painting both yourself to sending them both to a shop that specializes in firearm finish. You get what you pay for. Spray can paint will not be as durable and solvent resistant as a professional firearms finish. I had Joe at Dakota Tactical refinish a converted HK 94 for me. What a fantastic job he did. It was $300 for the refinish with reparkerizing the internals. So can you live with the difference or spend the time and/or money. That part is up to you.

Scott
    Scott Im in Front Royal , Virginia.......I ll have to fix that ..........Ok just corrected that, and thank you for that info. I think since its just a small part of the retractable stock, I will just hit it with some hi temp gloss black which should match the new Omega upper. As far as the SBR indeed you are right I am doing the ATF paperwork before matching those 2 up. Also waiting on the suppressor from TPM
    Last edited by jhartmac; 02-17-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Were original HK's Ceracoated, painted or parked?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Original HK's seem to have a flat finish or semi type

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe an epoxy based paint?
    I have seen properly applied epoxy paint hold up better than nearly else out there, resistant to heat, cold, abrasion or wear.

Sponsored Links