HKPRO Forums banner

PTR91 Boot

862 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Thunderpig 
#1 ·
I just received my PTR91 GI and just wanted to post to thank the forum for some great insights into my new rifle.

Always wanted an HK91 from back in the 80's, but never was able to get one.

Based on my service, was in the AR fog for a few years, but after putting together an AR-10, just wasn't satisfied as it wasn't the rifle I wanted.

Now I am good to go and will start breaking in this weekend, if the weather permits.

Took a quick pick last night.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Machine gun

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I just received my PTR91 GI and just wanted to post to thank the forum for some great insights into my new rifle.

Always wanted an HK91 from back in the 80's, but never was able to get one.

Based on my service, was in the AR fog for a few years, but after putting together an AR-10, just wasn't satisfied as it wasn't the rifle I wanted.

Now I am good to go and will start breaking in this weekend, if the weather permits.

Took a quick pick last night.

View attachment 100410
That's awesome, I love mine. I shoot it way more than my Colt AR15. I love the look of the non-welded rail. I recently got a German surplus Stanang claw mount with a 1913 adapter.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies, Gents.

Weather isn't cooperating, and the indoor ranges are too crowded on weekends, so no range trip this weekend.

Did give more time for the parts I had ordered to come in and be installed. Got a new HK bolt and locking piece. I like to have spares so the originals are my backups.

Also got a HK Claw Mount in, fits like a glove. Still looking for the optic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.