C93 Questions
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: C93 Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default C93 Questions

I am looking at a real early production , one of the first 50 I believe. The serial number is on the top rib C9301 0XX. So I believe its one of the first 50. Its bolt gap is .12 with +4 rollers. I know that C93 are hit or miss. But from what I can tell the earlier one are better built? Any input would be great before I purchase

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Realistically the bolt gap is at .08". If the serial # is on the top of the receiver I would take a chance at 600 or so. Look for straight sights and if the lockup is tight. Also check to see how easy mags go in and release. It's a gamble that isn't bad if you're willing to maybe learn and put in a little work to get it right if it isn't perfect.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    Realistically the bolt gap is at .08". If the serial # is on the top of the receiver I would take a chance at 600 or so. Look for straight sights and if the lockup is tight. Also check to see how easy mags go in and release. It's a gamble that isn't bad if you're willing to maybe learn and put in a little work to get it right if it isn't perfect.
    Sights are straight and all three mags work Yea hes asking 700 with bipod and 3 mags

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds fair if the mags are alluminum 40 rounders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who made the early receivers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaykoz View Post
    who made the early receivers?
    I think special weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The .12 with +4 rollers is that a problem..Or is it acceptable for a parts kit built century?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There were tons of complaints about these rifle when they first came out. If you buy one, consider it a parts kit. Many people have had to buy a new barrel, & pay the labor for a proper install. My boss still has a brand new one, & I won't give him $400 for it. The Century Beavers did a real botch job on assembly. Remove the hand guard, & see if the front of the trunnion was welded to the front of the receiver. If it was, run, don't walk. Century apparently farmed out the assembly of these guns to 2 different companies. So only buy it if you are prepared to buy a new barrel, & have it properly installed. GARY
    Last edited by N4KVE; 05-19-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe one of the issues with some of the early C93s was that at least one of the builders decided to turn down the OD of the new barrels in the area that presses into the trunnion to make it easier to press the barrels. This often allowed movement of the barrel as essential the only thing holding it was the barrel pin. In addition as mentioned above by N4KVE some of them had the trunnion welded to the front of the receiver. I would buy it with the expectation that at the least the barrel may need repressed if not completely replaced. That being said you might want to try and talk him down a bit.

Do you know if he has fired it and if so how many rounds? Personally given the potential problems mentioned above if the gun has had at least a couple hundred rounds through it and still has .12 with +4 rollers it would make me feel a little better about the potential barrel issue.

Good luck with it,
    TG308
    Last edited by The_Great_308; 05-19-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please delete double post

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links