+ Reply to Thread

Thread: saber defence xr41, G3 clone... has any1 got 1 or heard about it ??

Very Senior Member

Default saber defence xr41, G3 clone... has any1 got 1 or heard about it ??

greetings from ireland....

hows things across the water in what ever part of the world your in ?

well the name on the tin says it all ... has any1 got 1 or heard of them... im looking at a german site ( with quiet a hard on )

http://translate.google.com/translat...6rlz%3D1I7DAIE

unfortunatly i cannot get a genuine G3 ... nor am i allowed any of the more "military" looking H&Ks ... even if i could export them from the US ( i rang DS arms for a price of a weapon n was told " god himself" couldnt export a weapon from the US )

since semi auto weapons heve just been made legal .... ( ive already got a sl8 ) i thought i push teh limist more n get a semi 308... any opinions please let me no...

slan
    Modified SA80..... HK 223 & 416.... easy for HK... I wanna see what those feckers can do with the wheel !!!

Hello slan,

I have one. I am pretty happy with it. We have some clones on the German marked and I chose the XR41 as the best one to get over here.
    The XR41 is basically a Greek manufactured G3 (EBO, HK-licensed), modified for the German civilian market. It has a hooked semi trigger housing, cold hammered bull barrel (under the wide handguard), mag.-flapper and flashider.
    Its a solid rifle and it shoots like hell. If You can get one - take it.
    Take a look at the German importer, Schumacher, who just says that theyll be sold out very soon, but will come again in march 08. Sabre Defense should have made a contract for another thousand with EBO (possibly along with a deal for Cannada).

http://www.waffenschumacher.com/shop/

If You are able to get civilian rifles from the German marked, start counting money: German Federal Criminal Police Office (Bundeskriminalamt, BKA) has just proven the civil-416 and 417 (yes, HK German made) to be legal for civilians... So watch out for some "MR223"s and MR308"s, next year!
    Annie get your gun, NOW!

If they're EBO rifles, they should be very high quality.

I have a Springfield Armory imported EBO that's 17 years old and it's still a fantastic piece.

gunhappy, not to derail your thread, but could you tell me about the recent changes? I studied in the Republic (Galway) back in 1999, and while it's a beautiful country with some of the best people on earth, the gun laws were exceedingly draconian, I'm guessing left over from the days before independence.

Last edited by Templar; 10-19-2007 at 04:20 AM.

Very Senior Member

hk seb cheers for the reply ... i have ordered 1 .. i dnt know hoe long it will take for licencing but hopefully only about 4-6 weeks n itll be in my hands .....
    slan is irish for bye !!!

templar... cheers for the pics .... galways a great spot ... women are hot up there, great student town n great for drinking !

laws became tight in the 70s because of troubles in the north but no laws were legally passed, a minister made them up ( ministers here dont have that power they can only suggest laws ) banning semi autos, pistols and anything above .270" military calibers under that were also banned. but the weapons of thsi type that were in the counrty had to be handed into a local police station but they couldnt be destroyed as the people still owned them so they were stored for over 30 years with the army. after years and years of legal battles between gun clubs and the government we finally won after taking the case to the highest of eurpoean courts ( the only thing there good for ... and funding for roads imo) because if i were lets say german and .338 was legal there i could bring my rifle to ireland , buy ammo for that calliber ( have imported for you) and shoot it on our land yet an irish person couldnt own the rifle or have the ammo

about 2 years ago the flood gates opened...the laws were lifted... the cops didnt know what .... benelli m4s saiga 12s started to enter into the country .. very limited nos... there now banned.... thety are trying to restrict everything but they still havent otten there thumb out n come up with any laws and ive only heard rumour... but there is 1 fact.... if you have a good enough reason to have it .... its yours .. !! your local superintendant approves or dissapproves it but unless your menatlly ill ... he cant stop you ... if he does you can take him to court because hes wrong (some guys i know have awfull getting pistols in anyrthing other than .22 or getting bolt actions in .223 cos there dredded "military" rounds !

im lucky to have a SL8.... very very lucky .. probably the only 1 in the country at the min .. i could be wrong but semi autos ( legally held ) are rare !

i no a gunshop who got a straight pull ar15 look alike in .223... there are aloads of guys lookin for 1 .. its so rare that hes auctioning it but hes already turned down 4000 for it .. thats enough for a 416 with change to spare !!!

uf there available in ireland .. im gettin me a 417 !!! sweet !!

gunhappy, good to hear.

Yes, Galway is a great town, and one Irish lass named Katrina.......well, great craic!

I'd love to get back to Ireland at some point. I always kept my eyes out for gun shops but, not suprisingly, never saw any.

Cheers and congratulations on your new toy!

Does anybody know or have an idea how many XR41s Sabre Defence Industries made and in which era??? I saw serial n.:0932 here in Europe. I have not seen SN over 1000. Who have these rifles, have a look under front plastic hand guard cover to see the barrel - there is some stamping (letters) on bull area but I have not found any info about them on www (probably it is stamping from barrel manufacturer, it looks like "Watt Ch." Someone can confirm that. I wrote to SDI company, but no answer received. SDI moved from UK to USA to new owner (which made AR15 clones only today), so it is very hard to get any information from them now :-(
    ...but I am lucky that I found one for sale here and bought one used :-)
    Last edited by Mission; 11-15-2012 at 02:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Links