HKPRO Forums banner

Anyone try putting an HK 100 deg locking piece on a CA94 bolt carrier?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  IronBalaclava 
#1 ·
I bought a 100 deg locking piece and an Action three bolt head from Adam Webber www.hkparts.net. The new locking piece doesn't fir in the CA94 bolt carrier. For now I just used the CA94 locking piece and installed the Action3 bolt head.

Should I just keep the CA94 bolt carrier and locking piece or should I find an HK bolt carrier?

#2 ·
i bought the same 100 deg locking piece from adam for my ca94. it should fit.

i had to play around with mine before i got it to work. just push the locking piece in and twist it just a tad bit so the locking piece wont pop back out. then just put the bolt head on and completely twist it into place. should work. hope this helps.

#3 ·
The HK locking piece isn't popping out. The problem is getting it in. Its as if the hole is a little too small. Its hard to get it in and once its in it doesn't want to come out. I definitely don't want to modify any of these parts. I'm actually a little nervous about trying an HK bolt carrier because if the receiver is out of spec it migh cause even more problems.

#9 ·
Out of Spec

Nearly all of the parts that were in my CA94 were out of spec and garbage, this lead to FTE etc.

Thank God the key parts of the weapon werent garbage like the others. I replaced any suspect parts with HK and now it works 100%

Even those people that have no problems at first will sooner than later, as the parts wear and in the case of the lower bend, as the metal is cheap.

All of the above is from experiece by the way...

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
+1 on replacing all the internals. I believe the steel HK cocking tube support, cocking handle, furniture, and lower trigger pack/housing will all fit the CA94 receiver.

Though a buddy of mine had good results simply changing his bolt carrier (better US made one), extractor, firing pin, and ejector.

-Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.