HKPRO Forums banner

VP9 Slide Trouble

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  TooSixy 
#1 ·
Hi. New to site.
Purchased a new VP9, used 1time @ range. Slide is not retracting after last shot. Shot through about 8 mags worth of ammo, but the slide does not open up automatically, when mag is empty. When watching videos of the VP9 on you-tube it always is in operation.
Is there a defect that needs attention? If so, do I bring it back to where I purchased it, or send it to HK for a repair?
Thanks for the help.
Trigger9

#4 ·
Congrats on your new VP and welcome to the site. The guys above explained the cause and indeed, make the search feature here your best friend as it is full of expert knowledge and answers. From little issue like riding the slide release, historical facts to DIY information. Start saving $$ for your next few HKs. It happens that way. Clean, fire often, clean and repeat those steps as often as you can. Shoot straight and stay safe.

#5 ·
Welcome.

Before you contact HK CS, try this: Load a magazine with two rounds. Rack as normal.

Then, shoot the gun one-handed, i.e. strong hand only.

The slide ahould lock back after the second round.

Repeat as necessary until you have a consistent FTLB issue (the gun is broke) or you convince yourself that you are hitting the slide release.

#6 ·
Welcome Trigger9 and yep it is most likely you, I might suggest doing as Llando88 says but I used my support hand and sure enough locked open first try and every time since then. Great shooting gun you just have to be very aware of your grip until it becomes second nature to not be riding/hitting the slide release. Have fun!

#9 ·
Ah. I should have said I am a lefty also.

I did get several FTLB until I figured out it was my support hand thumb. Quick grip adjustment and no more issues.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
hi-i am new to this forum so i hope this a correct thread to post my issue. i just got my vp9 and have not fired it yet. i will do so tomorrow. i have chambered a round and loaded my mag. the rim of the brass is visible from the rear of the chamber when the slide is completely in correct position. is this a normal thing for the vp9? this is the first polymer gun i have no less striker fire. i'm a 1911 guy but this seemed like a good place to start with adding to the safe or i really wanted it for edc. t's probably 10 oz lighter than my 1911's. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks and carry safe always.

#11 ·
Welcome Bugtussle.

Is it possible to post a picture of the chamber?

Did you clean and lube the gun?

HK test fires each pistol something like half a dozen times, it seems unlikely you have a problem but you never know.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.