+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trussville P7

Very Senior Member

Default Trussville P7

I always assumed my P7 was a German police trade-in, but now I'm confused...

on the side it's marked 'Trussville'. What do I have?

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Very Senior Member

Default P7

Trussville AL is HK USA importer.
    Trussville same same Chantilly same same Sterling (from a business stand point).
    The police trade-ins are being imported by HK through their Trussville establishment.
    Show a close-up pic of the right side of the slide & I can tell you if indeed it is a police trade-in.
    BTW all current police-trade-ins are from lower saxony w/ Stamp Nds surrounded by an oval circle
    Last edited by wulkyrie; 03-04-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Very Senior Member

This is the best I've got:

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Wow, a double. A Interior Saxony Border Police trade-in. The two marks BMI and NDS are the most common. I've only ever seen one other gun with both marks. The BMI mark from the Border guards, the Nds from the Saxony Police.

That's a nice looking gun. Grips look new and the gun shows little wear...nice find.

The other mark is a military acceptance proof, probably due to the BMI purchase of the gun.

Edit;
    The above phrase; "A Interior Saxony Border Police trade-in" is a joke. It occured to me that some people may not realize that. I just wanted that clear.
    Last edited by ripley16; 03-04-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Very Senior Member

Default P7

BMI = federal Ministry of Interior.
    This is not inside a square and is crossed out & is a property sign (property of BMI). The federal ministry of interior has jurisdiction over all state police (Landerpolitzei),one of which is Nds, as well as Bundesgrenzschutz (border guard, including the famous GSG-9), the name has been changed to Bundespolitzei (border police in 2005). As such, BMI is not equivalent to border guard. You can also come across a BMI mark contained w/i a square under the Bundesadler(federal eagle), in which case it is a proof mark & not to be crossed out. German Govt does their own proofing and therefore does not bear the staghorn proofmark on items for commercial consumption. This is also the reason why your pistol does not have a staghorn, which you see on all M8, M13, M10's.

Another proof mark of the Fed Govt is BWB (a Bundesadler w/ BWB below it)(Federal office of defence techology & procurement), the civilian branch of the Bw(Bundeswehr=federal armed forces), in which case you will also see the Bw property stamp as well. The current import of P7 by PW arms belong to this category.

There is a stamp in a square(next to the Nds sign)w/ the Bundesadler w/ something under it which I cannot see well. This is the actual proof mark. But can you describe it to me what is under the eagle (it is either BMI or BWB w/ 418 or 315 under it)? Thanks
    Last edited by wulkyrie; 03-04-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Very Senior Member

Nice find. What can you guys tell me about mine. Picked it up a couple of months ago locally. Very clean gun.

Very Senior Member

Default P7

serial # 81xx. Probably late 1980
    Origin is similar to the one above except w/o the BMI property stamp. Again I cannot see the details of the proofmark. If you can describe it to me. It looks like BWB w a three-digit number below it, but I cannot be sure.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wulkyrie View Post
    serial # 81xx. Probably late 1980
    Origin is similar to the one above except w/o the BMI property stamp. Again I cannot see the details of the proofmark. If you can describe it to me. It looks like BWB w a three-digit number below it, but I cannot be sure.
    Hell, I need a magnifying glass myself. I will try and locate one and read it. My aging eyes can't do it anymore.:D

Very Senior Member

There is a stamp in a square(next to the Nds sign)w/ the Bundesadler w/ something under it which I cannot see well. This is the actual proof mark. But can you describe it to me what is under the eagle (it is either BMI or BWB w/ 418 or 315 under it)? Thanks
    Wow, thanks guys for your replies. That's better than I expected! I'll check it out when I get home and get back to you.

Very Senior Member

It's pretty clear - BWB 318

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links