+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions on AJ Concealco

Default Opinions on AJ Concealco

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I have been quite frustrated placing my order for an AJ Concealco holster for my SK. I ordered one that was advertised as having a 24 day delivery date. When I tried to add something to the order a couple of weeks later, I got a nice email saying the original order had been lost, but if I placed the order again, it would be backdated. That's fine, except the order is now late and I still haven't received it and my credit card still hasn't been charged.

I guess what really frustrates is that the owner seems to go out of his way to be uncontactable so I have no way of knowing whether the new order has gone through, and whether he intends to honor his promise to deliver it on an expedited basis (which, to be clear, he has not actually done). The only email address produces a bounceback message saying it is only rarely monitored, and his telephone line is a shared voice/fax line and every time I have called it is fax only. I can understand a small business being busy, but this kind of we-only-want-to-hear-from-you-if-you-are-placing-an-order stuff is not good customer service. Voice mail that works is not too much to ask.

What do you guys think? Is this normal?

STW
    HKPRO Professional

Others have stated similar experiences but I can only say he has always come through for me with a good product. He is a very hard man to get a hold of. I must be lucky because I have never had such problems. My advise is to stick to it...it may take longer than expected but he will get you your product.

Update - it arrived today! Andrew wrote a nice note apologizing for the delay and he comped me the two extra loops I had ordered. That was very nice of him and much appreciated.

The holster itself seems very very well made. My P2000SK fits perfectly. I'm still trying to figure out the best position to wear the holster and any tips would be welcome. I get the impression it is supposed to be worn in about the 2:30 o/clock (or in my case, around 9:30 since I am a lefty). Does that seem right? I tried behind the hip but that doesn't seem as comfortable. Either way I think I could probably get away with concealing even with just a T shirt.

STW
    HKPRO Professional

About 3:30 works best for me. I usually put the fron loop in front of my 3:00 belt loop. I can comfortably carry both my SK and Fullsize pistols there.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Sometimes a little patience pays off doesn't it. Andy has built three holsters for me. They are all top notch and have passed the test of time. While not a fast as some folks seem to like these days he makes a quality product and should be considered when looking for good gun leather. Enjoy your new holster.
    Join the NRA.

Very Senior Member

I have two AKJ Concealco and I think they are great. Extremely well-made, priced right, and the owner/maker is not going to leave you high and dry. A little patience is a good thing. Here is a left model:

+ Reply to Thread

Ads