HKPRO Forums banner

PSP in factory nickel/chrome/"stainless" finish?

13K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  hockeystar22 
#1 ·
Gentlemen,

I may have the opportunity to pick up a PSP with an SL7 rifle. The PSP has been described as having a "dull satin nickel" finish. I'm awaiting pics. The question is: Any chance this is an HK factory finish???? Or definitely aftermarket??

Thanks!

Scott

#3 ·
Here's a few obvious indicators it's been refinished -

On the factory plated ones, the squeeze cocking lever IS plated, the grip screws, slide takedown button, front and rear sights are blued. And the heat shield is black as well, but a PSP type doesn't have a heat shield.

However - I'm not sure that therre were any P7 (PSP) at all that were factory nickel plated, unless there were a few very special custom samples, but if there are I am not familiar with any, and they would be extremely rare.

To the best of my knowledge, only american P7s (P7M8s, M10s, and M13s) got nickel plating at the factory, and are all KC date coded.

Here is a pic of a factory plated P7M13:

#6 ·
10-4. It says "T25 Silver Slide" on the box. Is the serial number on the label?

Scott
It should be, but a lot of them got their boxes mixed around, so it may or may not be the same one as on the pistol. As long as they're not trying to gouge you out of a bunch of extra money claiming its factory nickel, that should make a really nice one. I've seen some of the T-25 marked ones in person, they were all very nice.

#5 · (Edited)
I pretty sure AviatorDave is correct. There were no nickel P7s. I cannot recall ever reading of any or seeing any. Dollars to doughnuts it is an aftermarket plating. Just because it says it on the tag does not mean HK did it. CDNN was selling quite a few plated P7s in the last 6 months and I would wager it is one of those pistols. In fact, CDNN is still selling them. Look on page 10 of their current catalog. It says "custom finished" not HK factory finished.

#15 ·
Loptics,
What is he charging for the P7? Trust me that is a great package, i could live w/o the walnut grips but the holster and xtra mags are really nice to be thrown in. Those mags go for over $100 on GB, and i have been looking forever but i refuse to pay that much for a magazine.

#16 ·
I checked out the PSP today and Aviator is right, the finish is really nice, not a hack job at all. Felt SWEET in the hand.

I don't mind sharing - PSP with T25 slide, new Don Hume holster and mag holder, original grips and walnut grips, three total magazines - $1150

Scott

#17 ·
Hmm, this sounds pretty high?! Even if you are very generous with the market value of the accessories its still no where near deal level. Or am I missing something? Is this a super special P7?

#18 ·
It's not too bad a deal. Most of them now only come with one mag, so knock off $200 for the 2 extras and you're at $950. Another $100 for the walnut grips gets you at $850, another what, $125 for the holster and mag holder for $725. $150 for the refinish and you're down to $575 for the base gun with one mag.

That's how I'd look at it anyways. If you don't want the walnut grips or the holster, it's not so great of a deal. But if you do like them, I think it is a pretty good deal. Assuming my estimates are correct, I pretty much pulled them from thin air.

#19 ·
Points taken, and yes personally I would leave the hume, the loader and the grips (unless they were Nills). I also didn’t ascribe any value to the refinish, as I did not know how recently it had been done. You're probably right though, I just demand a super sharp pencils these days.....:)

#22 ·
That price seems really high. if you could get him to like 850-900 then that would be a different story. He will probably not sell the gun for that price because you could get an m8 for that and mags are easy and cheaper to come by then the psp mags. If you do only need one mag and want to sell one, count me 1st in line if you decide to sell the other 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.