HKPRO Forums banner

Am I Asking Too Much?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  thejackamo 
#1 ·
I have an aversion to manual safeties but love the USP Compact grip. I am thinking that if I could find a USP Compact in Variant 7, chambered for 9mm, with a stainless slide and LEM trigger, I would be pretty happy.

Is this asking too much or could I obtain one of these, even though, as I understand it, the USP Compact stainless slide is out of production?

#2 ·
Finding a stainless USPc9 or a USPc9 LEM won't be that tricky. Finding both will take some luck. If I were you I would find a nice stainless and then convert.

#8 ·
+1

The stainless was not released in LEM configuration, so finding one will be next to impossible, unless you stumble across one thats already been converted.

Locate your own stainless USPC 9, and convert it to light LEM.

#3 ·
Like Carrots said, there are plenty of them around in stainless. You shouldn't have too hard of a time finding one. Then you just order the parts from HK to make it conform to your specifications, or send it to HK and they will do it for you. :)

#9 ·
Forget about what Variant it is. After you buy it, you will convert it to whatever Variant you want. Just get a stainless USP Compact 9mm, and you have all you need.

You can ship it to HK for $30-$50 overnight depending upon where you live. Call them ahead of time to find out what it will cost to have them make it into the species you want. :)

#6 ·
V3 only has the decocker, the lever is unmarked (no "s" and "f"), it sits where the safety would be on a V1 gun. The lever can only go down, not up to a "safe" position. I would look for a V1 and convert it to which ever suits you. Thats what I had to do to my USP45, it is now a V3.

#11 ·
Agreed, just get one and have it converted. If you don't want to do it yourself let HK. Ship it through your dealer and it will not have to go overnight but can go USPS PM which will only cost about $10 plus insurance. There is no law stating pistols must go overnight, that is a UPS and Fed-Ex rip-off and a way to get more money out of YOU instead of fixing THEIR theft problem, and from FFL to FFL it can go USPS PM. See the post tacked at the top of this forum for converting yourself. It is not hard at all if you have any gun skills at all. Big tip, if you have to force something, STOP. No hammers or forcing required, EVER!
If you convert from a version with a safety you can retain the safety with the LEM but you CANNOT keep the decocker with the LEM. If you retain the safety as I did when I did the LEM conversion thread, the safety will work and the decocker will depress down but it will no longer decock. I like mechanical safeties so I chose to keep the safety while going with the light LEM and have never looked back.

#12 ·
Ditto on converting one – you can buy the kit from H&K directly and have them ship it to you, or send it to them to convert it. I got a kit a while back and just hunkered down for an hour with BigBore's conversion guide and now I have an LEM with safety (formerly a V1) – if you're the least bit handy you should be able to do a conversion on your own, no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.