+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trigger job for carry pistol....good idea?

Lowering the trigger pull on a carry gun can give the prosecutor a field day. "The defendant modified his gun to be a killing machine" etc..... I suggest going to www.defensivecarry.com it is a great forum all about CC and this comes up often and is always the advise given is against doing it.

NCH

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

I'm just wondering what it is I'm missing with the stock trigger....Thanks.
    IMHO, the trigger on your P2Ksk is near perfect for a carry gun. The first shot has a good, appropriate degree of adrenal resistance and the follow up shots come fast and furious. Lowering a dedicated carry guns's trigger pull may not be a great idea.

A target gun is meant for range use. The HK match trigger is exquisite for that purpose, but I would't want it in a CCW. It is possible to have a trigger that is too light in a CCW. Try what you have first before paying to have it lowered. You may find the stock trigger very appropriate for it's purpose.

You possess the finest CCW made today... enjoy it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I had Bill Springfield smooth the LEM trigger before I went to Mas Ayoob's LFI I. Mas used it several times and aid that an enhancement you make that increases the ability of the gun to save your's and other innocent life is very defendable in court. I carry it often. I fired a 293.300. The top shot in our class was aU S Air Pilot who had a USPC in 9mm with a Bill Springfield smoother Version 1 trigger, he fired a 299/300
    Scouts Out

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    IMHO, the trigger on your P2Ksk is near perfect for a carry gun. The first shot has a good, appropriate degree of adrenal resistance and the follow up shots come fast and furious. Lowering a dedicated carry guns's trigger pull may not be a great idea.

Gotta disagree with some of you guys for the following reason:

Bought my wife an HK2000SK V3 (she has a Walther PPS that she really likes but It had to get sent back cause the striker was occasionally sticking out and not returning to battery...since the repair it does seem to work but I dont trust the gun 100%.

She has trouble with the first pull of the 2000sk
    so if I dont lighten the pull a little she would rather carry something else. I do have a sig 239 that is older and the first pull is much lighter and smoother than the HK. But she thinks the 239 is heavy.

So now I either get it lightened and smoothed out, ( Bill Springfield has it now doing just that plus putting Meprolights on)

Or find another gun for her and the 2000sk becomes on another gun in my stable.

I guess in light of this experiance I would be inclined to get her a Glock 19 if the 2000sk does not work out but I really would rather not go that route.

Besides, when Bill works on the trigger It only takes a couple of pounds off that first pull but it doesnot stack up any more if you pull slowly. The single action will not change much other than losing some creep.
    HK 45,.. HK P7 x2
    HK P30s .40
    HK P2000SK V3 9mm
    Sig Blackwater Tactical ,
    Sig 556,... ..Glock 34
    Sig P239 ,... .. Glock 35
    STI Longslide 2011 custom build,
    Colt Goldcup 45 custom build ,
    FN 5.7 ,.... Berreta 391
    FN PS90 SBR ,.. Berreta 70s 22
    Remington 1100 , Rugar Mark III
    Rugar 10/22 ,....Walther PPS
    M&P 40c,........ JP Rifle AR15
    xdm 9mm, Knights Armament Ar15
    SiG 556
    Brazos Pro Sx 38 super STI

Unrepentant HKHolic

threefeathers and nipplehead both make excellent points. I don't necessarily disagree with them. I just disagree with the notion that all HKs should be automatically sent out for trigger work. If after shooting the pistol for a while, and after considering all the pros and cons, you feel that you really want to have it modified, then by all means do so.

I also disagree with the camp that says a modified pistol = a gunner looking for an excuse to kill. That argument comes down to the question of whether deadly force was justified or not, and I don't care if you have a jet-funnel and a race-trigger set-up in it, deadly force is either justified or it isn't. Stabbing someone to death with a dull butter-knife is legally no different than stabbing someone to death with a butter-knife that has been razor-sharpened. The question still comes down to whether or not it was a justifiable homicide.
    Last edited by orfeo; 11-11-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    HK is the way!

The four guns that have trigger work (two cz's and two p7's) benefit from that work. I shoot them better in practice and that leads me to think I would shoot them better than otherwise under duress. I totally disagree with the thought process that under an adrenal load (stress of bodily injury or death) that I will shoot better or not suffer from that heavy, creep-y, gritty, whatever trigger pull. Will I notice it? Heck no, I will be amped up and pull through but like the thousands of rounds shot under duress have shown, I will miss just the same. I like Clint Smith's quote (I think) "practice to be marvelous so under duress you might just be adequate". Something like that. If the mod to your gun doesn't impede reliability or safety and you shoot better, I say use it, it might just save your life. My opinion only.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by pedropcola View Post
    The four guns that have trigger work (two cz's and two p7's) benefit from that work. I shoot them better in practice and that leads me to think I would shoot them better than otherwise under duress. I totally disagree with the thought process that under an adrenal load (stress of bodily injury or death) that I will shoot better or not suffer from that heavy, creep-y, gritty, whatever trigger pull. Will I notice it? Heck no, I will be amped up and pull through but like the thousands of rounds shot under duress have shown, I will miss just the same. I like Clint Smith's quote (I think) "practice to be marvelous so under duress you might just be adequate". Something like that. If the mod to your gun doesn't impede reliability or safety and you shoot better, I say use it, it might just save your life. My opinion only.
    Agree 100%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links