HKPRO Forums banner

If you had an HK Quik-Comp (USP), would you use it?

10K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  TheChunkNorris 
#1 · (Edited)
So, in another thread, I had mentioned that I had found this unique piece, but i wanted to really get some input on it.

A short while ago, I had found a complete USP .40 Quik-Comp and scope mount package, with all of the original parts and documentation. It is in amazing condition, with only the smallest of nicks on the top of the compensator. Everything mounts on the pistol just fine, and I have even put a few rounds through it.

But there lies my worry. I have read enough to know that these packages are hard to come by, and may be something of a collectible. I was impressed with the improved feel of the comp, but I am not sure if the improvement is worth putting the wear and tear on it.

So, I don't have any plans to sell it, but should i really keep using it? Or, is this one of those collectibles that are sought after TO use, and I am just lucky to find it for cheap, and I should enjoy the hell out of it?

Thanks for any advice!

#2 ·
I don't know much about this set and the going rate of one. I also don't know if its viable to purchase these new either.
What I do know is that it is already used. In my mind you will never get what you could out of it, if they were new unopened. Being that you have already used it yourself I would just continue to use it and enjoy what you have found at such an unbeatable price.
I mean, to me these are all tools. So put your tools to use.

#3 ·
IMO, guns and accessories for guns are poor investments. Guns and their accessories are meant to be shot. How much would you expect to get back if you would later sell the compensator? Why did you buy it if you weren't going to use it? Just some observations.

#4 ·
+1, good advice.
Is making $20-$50 more than what you paid for it worth missing out on the fun of shooting with it? No.
Shoot the hell out of it! :)
I would...
-Wes

#12 ·
I agree with K&K 4 LIFE. Since it isn't NIB, you might as well enjoy it as much as you can! Of course I am not a collector at all and think that everything you own should be shot as much as feasable.

#14 · (Edited)
Even better Jedi, it is the complete original package of both, together. Original bag, original manuals, and even original tools. It was unbelievable to find everything together.

Of course, my USP is just about as old as the kit, being KE marked with conventional barrel rifling. I think, no matter what, I will keep the comp, sight, and pistol together, and keep it a "vintage" kit; if i ever sell it, sell it as one whole neat vintage package.

#18 ·
if you do decide to continue shooting with it you need to constantly inspect, align and retighten the mounting screws on the quick comp. the qc was notorious for coming loose, i don't recall any catastrophic failures but just be aware of the problem. maybe that's why they stopped making them.

the scope mount and quick comp should fetch you 150.00 - 200.00 ea if you do decide to sell.

#28 · (Edited)
I was unaware of this sandbagging as this is not my intent. I am new to the forum and how it works. I'm also new to HK but not firearms and had some simple questions about parts and looked here for answers and did a search about some comps I have and replied...My apologizes if it appears otherwise.

#30 ·
I just found this thread when I came across one for sale on Gunbroker.com and didn't know what the heck it was. It seems like a neat option to go with my HK USP Match 40 I just built. It is kind of neat finding these old threads and all the info contained. I may indeed buy one of these and make for a third shooting option for my 40S&W caliber. I am curious how this performs using the Ransom Rest and Chronograph with some handloads. It does seem to make sense that he hotter the load - one should observe a bit more compensation from gas porting. Just not sure how much. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to build a device that can measure torquing forces on the handgrip? For example, we have a gauge to measure trigger pull and recoil force but I wonder if one can quantify the muzzle rise force? Hum, will look into that. Once the weather gets a little nicer here in Colorado my friend and I will trying to set up some tests. Just need to purchase an HK USP grip mount for the Ransom Rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.