HKPRO Forums banner

I hate to say it.....

7K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  Caliber.666 
#1 ·
...Well not really. But My HK45 is my new favorite. It just feels so right, points dead on, shoots even better, and the 10 round thing doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. It is now my primary ccw. This Baby is put together nice. And I would not go out of my way to put the glow in the dark sights on there, but I like them.

I also like the new mag release. Pretty much an amazing buy. Just my 2 cents. Anyone else?

-I still love my uspf 45. I can shoot it well and if I was going into the sh*t, that would be what I take.

#2 ·
I have what amounts to an obsession with my HK45. I fondle it every day when I come back from work. It comes with me to make my coffee in the morning, it waits for me while I shower, it even hangs out while I'm doing yardwork or tooling my cars. We're inseparable, while my P30L and P7M8 sit in the closet and collectively frown.

#3 ·
I'm 100% with you navyman!
I not only have one HK45 but two and thats because I love it so much. In my opinion it the best designed .45 ACP on the market today. (1911 lovers don't shoot me down on this)
I love the feel of the pistol all around. The larger ambi releases make it much more 'user friendly' when it comes to quick draws, progressive or non mag reloads, ect.
The recoil is, well lets just say, non existent compared to some other .45 pistols I've shot and owned.
It is Perfect. Thank you Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorn and all of H&K!

#6 ·
+1, you'll find no argument here!
I love mine, AND it's a LEM! :)
Now if I could just get rid of the "straight 8" Heinie night sights it has...
-Wes

#11 ·
It's not so much us as it is the HK bug...:D
-Wes

#37 ·
besides having a decent number of available rounds(@least for a .45) and the fact it points well, has soft recoil, 100% reliable, Feels like it was ment for your hands..it looks so F..ing Cool

Whats not to love... my favorite plastic handgun :350:

#12 ·
I’ve said it before: the HK45 was the one gun that impressed me over all of the other guns I had purchased in the last decade. In fact, it impressed me so much that the next gun I bought was the HK45C.

My HK45 & HK45C are sweet pistols indeed; I’ve haven’t looked at any new pistols since I bought them, period.

#13 ·
Specially here you will not find anyone stating something bad about the HK45.
There is only one thing HK could have done better with it anyway: Give it a less confusing name.
Lot of people if you say "HK45" think about the USP in .45!

#17 ·
Specially here you will not find anyone stating something bad about the HK45.
There is only one thing HK could have done better with it anyway: Give it a less confusing name.
Lot of people if you say "HK45" think about the USP in .45!
You should have seen my FFL when I had mine transferred in.

Him filling out the 4473: "What kind of gun is this"
Me: "It's an HK45"
Him: "I can see it is an HK son, now what kind is it?"
Me: "HK45..."
Him: "No, I need the model number for the form here."
Me, I point to the slide where it says HK45: "See, the model is an HK45."
Him: "I see it is an HK and it's caliber is 45, do you know what kind of gun you bought?"
Me, I grab the box pull the manual out and point at the big red letters: "The model is an HK45, it is a 45 caliber pistol made by HK called the HK45, get it?"

It was classic....the poor old man.

#19 ·
A BIG +1 to people confusing it for a USP45.
Every time I've ever priced one, they price me a USP45 first...
-Wes

#21 ·
i dont an hk45 yet.... but my USP and PPS and somethings my G36 .. one of which always ends up on the coffee table in front of me or on the couch, or next to my pilliow, or just not leaving the IWB when at home. I shower its on the towel rack, cook-kitchen area... etc

Good to see im not the only one that has that habit.

#32 ·
i havent had a chance to shoot an HK45, but i gotta say the grip is not the most attractive

overall the appearance of the grip is a non issue so long its functional

i would have rather seen a similar grip as to what they used for the HK45C. larger obviously, but the same ya know?

but like i said... its just aesthetics

#39 ·
Checking in to say I greatly prefer the USP series to the HK45. My USPC .45 is my carry gun and my favorite one, period, but the HK45's grips disappointed me as well as well as the fact that I find it ugly as sin. The finger grooves really irritate me. Good gun though, to be sure.

#42 ·
I too am extremely happy with my HK45's. So much in fact that I told all my range buddies, that I don't think I'll ever NEED to buy another .45 ACP again, unless of course it's an HK45. With that being said. I'm looking for HK45 # 3 now. I wanna keep two black with Heinie sights and one NP3'd with Heinies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.