HKPRO Forums banner

My newest HK!

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  gtmtnbiker98 
#1 ·
Finally picked up my .40 P2000 V2 LEM friday after work and ran 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot 155gr JHP's through it before I had to hurry home for a BBQ I was throwing.
Only hiccup I had was after cleaning it for the first time yesterday, when I reassembled it and racked the slide back, it only locked back to the position where the control/take down lever comes out...TWICE...(anybody know what that was about?):confused:, but after field stripping and reassembling it two more times, it finally cycled properly and I havent had another hiccup since. :)
After shooting the 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot 155gr, the shop was out of them, so I bought some NASTY Cor-Bon 140 DPX ALL copper JHP's for carry until they get some more Gold Dots.
So after the initial cleaning, a paint job, and new badass JHP's, it now sits in my Crossbreed Supertuck on my hip whenever I'm not sleeping.

$700.00 OUT THE DOOR:
NIB .40 P2000 V2 LEM with THREE mags!!!

-Wes

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the purchase. My P2000 is my favorite pistol. If you want to try some awesome ammo try the 180g Speer Gold Dots or try Double Tap Ammo 180g "bonded defense" (uses Gold Dot bullets) rounds. They are both some heavy hitters. With the heavier grain bullets you tend to get more penetration which is the most important thing in incapacitating the bad guys.

As far as the slide issue, I would just keep taking it apart and reassembling it until you can do it with your eyes closed and see if it happens again.

#3 ·
Congrats on the purchase. My P2000 is my favorite pistol. If you want to try some awesome ammo try the 180g Speer Gold Dots or try Double Tap Ammo 180g "bonded defense" (uses Gold Dot bullets) rounds. They are both some heavy hitters. With the heavier grain bullets you tend to get more penetration which is the most important thing in incapacitating the bad guys.
Thanks, I'll give those a try.

As far as the slide issue, I would just keep taking it apart and reassembling it until you can do it with your eyes closed and see if it happens again.
I can do it with my eyes closed actually, I've done it to my 9mm P2000SK many, many times, and since the P2000 is the same principal, that's why I was so confused as to why it was doing that... :confused:
-Wes

#4 ·
Finally picked up my .40 P2000 V2 LEM friday after work and ran 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot 155gr JHP's through it before I had to hurry home for a BBQ I was throwing.
Only hiccup I had was after cleaning it for the first time yesterday, when I reassembled it and racked the slide back, it only locked back to the position where the control/take down lever comes out...TWICE...(anybody know what that was about?):confused:, but after field stripping and reassembling it two more times, it finally cycled properly and I havent had another hiccup since.
Excellent choice, and congrats! Excellent price, also. I bought an identical one a month ago. I paid $750, 3 magazines, and night sights. It is fast becoming my favorite for everyday use. As for the hiccup, is it possible that the slide release wasn't quite all the way in? Just a guess. If I apply light pressure on the right side where the slide release axle goes through the right side lever, and slowly pull the slide back, mine will do the same thing.

#5 ·
Thanks SIG! :)

I just tried that to see if I could duplicate the original problem, and YEP.
I guess I wasn't pushing the lever all the way in those couple of times...:90:
Thanks for the suggestion, cause now I know what was technically wrong with it. ...ME!
-Wes

#6 ·
Don't want to stray from topic but where did you guys get the P2000 with night sights and 3 mags for 700 and 750 from. I just got mine with 2 mags and regular sights for 750 and thought that was a decent price.

#15 ·
I got it from the overpriced "H&K direct dealer" around the corner from my house.
He said it had been sitting on the shelf for too long and he needed to bring in other new HK's so he cut me a huge discount and included a 3rd mag. :)
-Wes

#10 ·
LOVE THE LEM!

Congrats on the new pistol. I picked up a p2000 40 LEM about 2 weeks ago. I am trying to learn LEM trigger.
Being an old revolver guy, I had no problem learning it. I had a SIG P226 with a DAK trigger and never could get use to it, so I pretty much ignored the LEM, wrongly thinking it would be too similar to the DAK. I ran into a deal too good to pass up on a P2000SK last May, and it was love at first pull, I took to it like a duck takes to water. It was like running into an old friend I hadn't seen in years. It's like a Colt Python's DA pull, with an action job by gunsmith who really knows Pythons, only with a trigger reset about a third, if that much, as long, which is the only part of the sequence I had to learn. If you have access to a DA revolver, preferably a medium sized one in .38 Special, fire about a fifty rounds through it, then switch to the P2000. See if that doesn't help. :43:

#12 ·
I think you bought a keeper. I'm actually trying to sell my LNIB SS USP.40c so I can fund a P2000 .40 V2 w/ night sights. I have a P2000sk 9mm V2 w/ night sights and it's by far my favorite all-around handgun. I already know the P2000 .40 would fit right into my collection. The USP.40c is still a great gun, but IMO the P2000 really is an improved design. It's definitely more carry friendly too. In fact, if I could only own one handgun that had to do it all, it would most definitely be a P2000 .40 LEM.

The only negative thing about the P2000 is the rattling right slide release lever. I guess you could always remove it and keep only the left lever, which is all you need if you're right-handed like me. Still, it's mostly just annoying that H&K won't acknowledge the problem and make new replacement levers that have a better fit so they won't rattle. Other than this little quirk, the P2000 is the perfect all-around pistol.

#13 · (Edited)
The only negative thing about the P2000 is the rattling right slide release lever. I guess you could always remove it and keep only the left lever, which is all you need if you're right-handed like me. Still, it's mostly just annoying that H&K won't acknowledge the problem and make new replacement levers that have a better fit so they won't rattle. Other than this little quirk, the P2000 is the perfect all-around pistol.
After a lot of experimentation (playing around), I have found THE CURE for the accursed rattling lever. I have access to laminating strips, thin plastic strips with sticky stuff on one side. I trim a piece to fit the back of the lever the entire length, pull off the shiny paper to expose the sticky stuff, and apply it. It's dark brown and invisible. Quality scotch tape, or 3M 33+ electrical tape, the good stuff, might work, but may require two layers. A hobby shop might have something similar to the laminating strips. I tried applying it to the frame, but it works better on the lever. Clean with alcohol first so it sticks better. Be sure it's the entire length, including under the little tab that holds it to the frame. It's holding up on two P2000'S and two P2000SK's

#14 ·
Congrats Wes.
A little to much on the colour for me, but it still performs. As long as you shoot and enjoy it thats all that matters. Not my opinion

Shoot aggressive, stay safe!

#18 ·
Thanks! ;)
I thought it was just to good to pass up!
Plus I could always use another HK. :D
Wish I had gotten more range time with her, but I had a BBQ I had to get too.
More shooting to follow...
-Wes

#21 ·
Thanks! :)

Yep, the P2000 is highly ambidextrous. I suggest you pick one up.
-Wes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.