+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: HK 1911

  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : Moved
    Posts : 79

    Default HK 1911

    I've seen so many threads on this topic. What gun should HK make. Well Sig did it with great sucess. I'd like to see HK do it also.


    A HK 1911...decked out in black with red markings...8 round single stack...
    recoil reduction...40 oz...tactical rail...low profile combat sights...etc.


    Don't bring back the old...on with the new generation like the P30 and HK45compact, the closest to a 1911, but way too light, and not a responsive trigger.

    I think if they made this gun it would take the cake...and the contracts.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Jeep olllllo's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 44

    Default

    I wouldnt think an 8 round mag would take too many contracts. JMHO.

  3. #3
    HKPRO Professional
    gtmtnbiker98's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2009
    Location : OH
    Posts : 4,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hecklerandkochshooter View Post
    I've seen so many threads on this topic. What gun should HK make. Well Sig did it with great sucess. I'd like to see HK do it also.


    A HK 1911...decked out in black with red markings...8 round single stack...
    recoil reduction...40 oz...tactical rail...low profile combat sights...etc.


    Don't bring back the old...on with the new generation like the P30 and HK45compact, the closest to a 1911, but way too light, and not a responsive trigger.

    I think if they made this gun it would take the cake...and the contracts.
    What is this success and Sig you mention? Have you researched the GSR/Sig 1911? Not what I'd call successful. Sig couldn't successfully roll out a sling shot, without making it in a "rainbow titanium" finish and then, you'd still have QC and/or functional issues requiring a return to Exeter. Okay, Sig rant off.

    As for contracts, who's issuing 1911s? What are the potential contracts? Aside from 1911 gurus, who actually deploys these as a primary duty gun? I can't imagine HK ever releasing a 1911. The demand wouldn't be worth the R&D and IMO, HK isn't a company willing to just copy the JMB design without a major rework.

  4. #4
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    jbntx's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2009
    Location : Texas
    Posts : 1,168

    Default

    As it was stated so very well in another thread, Heckler and Koch's primary
    customers are the worldwide military and Law Enforcement markets,
    NOT catering to the American civilian shooter.

    In the US we have plenty of 1911 pistols to choose from. The handgun
    market is saturated with 1911s. Outside of the US, who cares!

    The HK45 is the modern day replacement for the hundred year old 1911 design.

    There's no need for HK to produce a 1911 pistol.
    Last edited by jbntx; 01-09-2010 at 06:58 PM.

  5. #5
    HKPRO Professional
    gtmtnbiker98's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2009
    Location : OH
    Posts : 4,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbntx View Post
    As it was stated so very well in another thread, Heckler and Koch's primary
    customers are the worldwide military and Law Enforcement markets,
    NOT catering to the American civilian shooter.

    In the US we have plenty of 1911 pistols to choose from. The handgun
    market is saturated with 1911s. Outside of the US, who cares!

    The HK45 is the modern day replacement for the hundred year old 1911 design.

    There's no need for HK to produce a 1911 pistol.
    Amen.

  6. #6
    Very Senior Member
    pangris's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2009
    Posts : 258

    Default

    For many, many, years, viewed the 1911, Glock, and S&W revolvers as the holy trinity of handguns - no others needed apply.

    I reached that conclusion after a few hundred hours of training at Thunder Ranch, Shootrite, Rangemaster, and with Louis Awerbuck.

    Triggers are key. I never gave HK the time of day b/c I can't stand a DA/SA trigger.

    The LEM has changed that completely to the point that HKs with the LEM have REPLACED 1911s and Glocks in my collection. The LEM is, in my experience, the ideal trigger. The USPc is a well thought out gun, and the HK45c with a LEM is the best carry gun I've encountered.

    The 1911 is a step backwards from the USPc .45 or HK45c, in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by pangris; 01-09-2010 at 07:12 PM.

  7. #7
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Posts : 13,484

    Default

    I love the 1911 design, especially with double-column magazine!!! ;)

    Tony

  8. #8
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Jan 2007
    Posts : 466

    Default

    Just why would HK bother with making a 1911? As soon as they do this I'd say HK is no longer in the business of making combat weapons and increasing their technology or making innovative guns like the P7.

    Look at SIG. About the time they got into the 1911 biz, quality went to pot. It's like a last ditch effort to get market share.

    And before I get flamed too much, I don't have issues with 1911's. Sure their triggers are better; but other than that I can't think of anything that would make me buy even an HK 1911.

  9. #9
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    jbntx's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2009
    Location : Texas
    Posts : 1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BytorJr View Post
    Just why would HK bother with making a 1911? As soon as they do this I'd say HK is no longer in the business of making combat weapons and increasing their technology or making innovative guns like the P7.

    Look at SIG. About the time they got into the 1911 biz, quality went to pot. It's like a last ditch effort to get market share.

    And before I get flamed too much, I don't have issues with 1911's. Sure their triggers are better; but other than that I can't think of anything that would make me buy even an HK 1911.

    Well said, you won't get flamed here.

    It's crisp, clean single action trigger is about all the 1911 has to offer over
    more modern designs like the HK45.

    Modern DA/SA triggers can be just as efficient with the proper training
    and attitude.

  10. #10
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Jan 2007
    Posts : 466

    Default

    JB,

    actually a little flame would be good. These FL condo's don't have good heating and global warming is making it cold down here ;).

    So, JB did you get to Market Hall today?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

1911 h&k
,
1911 hk
,
h & k 1911
,
h and k 1911
,
h k 1911
,

h&k 1911

,
h&k 1911 pistol
,
heckler and koch 1911
,

hk 1911

,
hk 1911 pistol
,
hk 1911 pistols
,
hk1911
Click on a term to search for related topics.