+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pic request: P30 v. P2000

Default Pic request: P30 v. P2000

I've never seen pictures of a P30 next to a P2K. Anyone have both, or know where I can see pictures comparing size? I can't find them both at the same time in person to handle.
    Thanks.

I don't have a picture of both, however you can check specs on the HK site.

I have carefully looked at both side by side and while close in most other areas, the grip on the P30 is noticably longer than the P2000.

I keep asking about this because I know for a fact the HK website(s) dimensions are totally off. My USPc ismuch larger in the slide than depicted on the site; things like the fact that ehy measure the width of the pistolgrip and not the slide are to blame for this, and also why pictures would be most beneficial.

In pics the P30 looks bigger than it is...IMO. It's slightly (more slight than I thought) bigger than the P2000. But in a practical in-the-holster sense...there's not much difference size wise.

Thanks all,
    Is it "practically the same in the holster" as a G17 to a G19? I hear that and think the difference is big.
    Is the bore axis lower on the P30, or the same? I know it's lower than the USP.
    Is there any difference in the width of the slide between the P30 and P2K?
    Why are there no pictures at all on the internet?

The P2000 and the USPC have a similiar feel and are similiar in size, with the USPC being blockier in the slide area.

The P2000 and the P30 have more of a taper toward the top of the slide, given them a little thinner look and feel. Again, the P30 has a longer grip, noticably so, in my opinion. Also, it makes it feel and look a touch larger.

In a holster for open carry you will probably notice little difference. If concealed closely the P2000 may feel a bit better, I said may.

To me the P30 has a different feel than the P2000, where the P2000 and USPC feel fairly similiar.

Just my opinion and all of them seem to be good pistols.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    The P2000 and the USPC have a similiar feel and are similiar in size, with the USPC being blockier in the slide area.

The P2000 and the P30 have more of a taper toward the top of the slide, given them a little thinner look and feel. Again, the P30 has a longer grip, noticably so, in my opinion. Also, it makes it feel and look a touch larger.

In a holster for open carry you will probably notice little difference. If concealed closely the P2000 may feel a bit better, I said may.

To me the P30 has a different feel than the P2000, where the P2000 and USPC feel fairly similiar.

Just my opinion and all of them seem to be good pistols.
    Id say thats accurate in my book.. Theres something very familiar about the grip of my p2000sk and USPt. guessing the angles are the same, they look the same..i love this. makes for an easy transition between the 2 at the range..

Ask and you shall receive... The P2000 is a .40 cal, but the difference between it and the 9mm P2000 are minimal. The P30 is 9mm. Hope this helps.

That was awesome. I am truly surprised. Is the HK45 the same size as the P30. The P30 really did look bigger in pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Disregarded9-side View Post
    Thanks all,
    Is it "practically the same in the holster" as a G17 to a G19? I hear that and think the difference is big.
    Is the bore axis lower on the P30, or the same? I know it's lower than the USP.
    Is there any difference in the width of the slide between the P30 and P2K?
    Why are there no pictures at all on the internet?
    I just held a P30 this past Tuesday and compared it side by side with my P2000 that I was in the process of purchasing (P30 was not for sale :-( ). I'd have to say that the difference between the P30 and P2000 are more subtle than the G19 vs. G17.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads