+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing over usp sights to tactical sights

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Default Changing over usp sights to tactical sights

I have a full size usp 45 and a hk45 compact that I am wanting to put tactical sights on. What do you all recommend? Should I go with the hk factory tactical sights or some other high profile sights. The sights will need to clear a KAC can.

Also can I take my regular hk sight pushing tool and change mine out to tactical sights or will the regular sight rig not work with tactical sights. If the rig will not work and someone recommend how to change them over. I had thought about marking where my standard sights are with a marking pencil, then pushing them out with a punch and mallet. Installing the tactical sights the same way.

Let me know what you all think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PSG1 Nut
    Ineptocracy (in-ep-tocí-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least
    capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded
    with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

HK...The most addictive drug known to man.

Unrepentant HKHolic

The regular sight pusher will not work with the Tactical sights I don't think. Novak makes the CT sites being used now, Heinie made the ones for the CT before it was releases for civilian sales. The MeproLight adjustable sights or HK (they maybe the same sight, not sure) cost about the same and are very good.
    Personally, I use a brass punch and hammer then clean up any brass marks with a copper remover like Barnes CR-10 on a Q-tip. Be careful and clamp your slide snugly but not over tightly in a padded vice, and you can drive out the sights and install them the same way. It does not matter which way you drive them or install them. That is the way I have done all mine and not had any problems. Just make darned sure you do not over tighten the vice and crush the slide. That would be very not good.
    Join the NRA
    On the 8th day God created HKs.
    Beware speaking with a sharp tongue as you are apt to cut your own throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bore View Post
    The regular sight pusher will not work with the Tactical sights I don't think. Novak makes the CT sites being used now, Heinie made the ones for the CT before it was releases for civilian sales. The MeproLight adjustable sights or HK (they maybe the same sight, not sure) cost about the same and are very good.
    Personally, I use a brass punch and hammer then clean up any brass marks with a copper remover like Barnes CR-10 on a Q-tip. Be careful and clamp your slide snugly but not over tightly in a padded vice, and you can drive out the sights and install them the same way. It does not matter which way you drive them or install them. That is the way I have done all mine and not had any problems. Just make darned sure you do not over tighten the vice and crush the slide. That would be very not good.
    Did you measure the distance from each side of slide to each side of the sights? Were they centered exactly on the slide? I just purchased an HK USP 45 full size and want to change the sights to straight 8s.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Use a digital caliper or Micrometer. or mark on the slide with a water soluble marker where the center point is. You can also mark inside the actual dovetail where about the sight base should line up. Alot of ways to go about it. I used my zero'd lasermax unimax mounted in it's original position the last time I changed out my sights and got them all lined up nicely. You could also use a bore laser. Cheap way (if you don't have any of the laser tools) is in the methods I described beforehand tho. Others probably have varying ways of finding center. These methods have all worked for me tho.
    ~Live & let Die~

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by Irish64 View Post
    Did you measure the distance from each side of slide to each side of the sights? Were they centered exactly on the slide? I just purchased an HK USP 45 full size and want to change the sights to straight 8s.
    Straight 8's are the tits.

When I put my tactical"s stock sights on my new uspf I intend to knock the front sight out first, use the boresight to ensure its centered then swap the rear and resight it.
    USP45T suppressed w/ UTL, USP45Expert w/UTL, USP45F (EDC), USC/UMP45, SL8-1/G36E, SW94K.

Unrepentant HKHolic

I have two USPs with tall sights for shooting with the KAC suppressor. One has the Mepros. The other has the Novak tacticals. Neither set fully clear the KAC suppressor. Only the Mark 23 sights provide a full sight picture with the KAC can.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

pretty sure the adjustable sights won't clear the suppressor. they dont on my usp 40 tac with aac evo. get the meprolight adjustable sights, MUCH more robust than the hk adjustable target sights. the meps are made alot better than the stock tactical sights and can take direct hits on concrete from 3-4 feet. ask how I know. the stock target sights will not survive and are much more delicate.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Holy Necropost.

As a update to the 2010 post.... I went with the adjustable sights originally. Now all wear Straight 8 Tactical sights.

Damn it! I find myself fooled again! All these newbies pulling up old posts.... I need to start sticking to my P's and Q's and checking OP Date Post.. Time to form a new habit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links