HKPRO Forums banner

German made HK45

5K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Montrala 
#1 ·
Recently, I've observed German-made HK45's selling for more than the MSRP. Just curious if any other members have observed similar sales.

I know the two models (US/German) are identical in fit and finish. Is the reason for the high prices just due to collectibility?

#2 ·
Because people like me will pay more for the German model Vs. the US made HK45, and they know this. Yes it is my fault. I'll admit it. But let it be a testament of my love for the true HK, made in Germany.

#5 ·
+1 to ^^all the above^^

#6 ·
I agree, Im looking for an German made HK45 locally. I wont buy a US made unit, even tho they are most likely
just as good a piece as a German made made unit.

My name pretty much says why I feel this way ... =)

#10 ·
My HK45 V7 LEM is German.
My ex - HK45 V1 DA/SA is USA.

They both look, feel and function the same.

I too would rather have the German model.
...it's the principal...

-Wes

#12 ·
Given there is absolutely no difference in quality or performance, I would much prefer to have a pistol made in the U.S. by Americans. It seems like the perfect thing for the HK45, a gun originally engineered in Germany, heavily influenced by some of America's greatest modern warriors, then built here in the U.S.A. under strict German quality control standards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.