+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USP Compact - 40cal to 9mm conversion

Default USP Compact - 40cal to 9mm conversion

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I just picked up my first HK the other night, a USP Compact in 40 cal.

I want to switch over to shooting 9mm with the same gun. Other than buying a 9mm conversion barrel and mags, is there anything else I need to do in order to safely shoot 9mm?

I apologize if this has been answered before.

Thank you.

Desperately Needs Treatment

No problem. The recoil spring is different from .40 to 9MM so that will have to be switched as well. I was in the same spot a couple of months ago. By the time I added it all up it just made sense to sell the .40 and buy a 9mm which is what I did. Good luck. Welcome aboard.

Unrepentant HKHolic

To convert your .40sw compact to 9mm, you need a complete 9mm USP compact slide and barrel. The head space specs
    from .40sw to 9mm are different...they are 2 different calibers. You can use the same guide rod, but if you can find a
    whole 9mm top end, it will probably come with the guide rod, and cost you about 80% of what a complete USP compact
    pistol will cost.

Buy a USP compact 9mm, its alot more cost effective! =)
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Desperately Needs Treatment

Cool

Just keep your USPC 40. Why do you want 9MM?

Awesome, thank you guys very much.

I'm in Massachusetts where USP Compacts are not Massachusetts compliant... which means I cannot buy a new USP Compact in this state. It was very tough to find this one, so buying a whole new gun is virtually out of the question. I do however want to trade someone my whole upper and mags for a 9mm version.

I wanted to post this in the Accessories / Parts for trade area but I am not yet allowed. If anyone wants to trade with me, I can provide great pics. Gun only has 150 rounds through it and is 'AK' date coded. Great condition complete upper with one 12 round mag.

Thanks again.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Snak3 View Post
    Awesome, thank you guys very much.

I'm in Massachusetts where USP Compacts are not Massachusetts compliant... which means I cannot buy a new USP Compact in this state. It was very tough to find this one, so buying a whole new gun is virtually out of the question. I do however want to trade someone my whole upper and mags for a 9mm version.

I wanted to post this in the Accessories / Parts for trade area but I am not yet allowed. If anyone wants to trade with me, I can provide great pics. Gun only has 150 rounds through it and is 'AK' date coded. Great condition complete upper with one 12 round mag.

Thanks again.

I am also looking for a 9mm slide and barrel for a USPc 9mm. I've had a WTB in the parts and accessories area for the past 3 weeks with no luck.

Unrepentant HKHolic

If you want to buy a EFK Firedragon conversion barrel and don't worry about failed extraction occasionally, I know a guy who has one absolutely new for sale. Marty at TeppoJutsu.com (e-mail him if interested) has a new in wrapper USP 9mm conversion barrel, extended and threaded 1/2 x 28 (AR-15 thread) for $245.
    There is no claim made if this will work for you or not. He has never tried it, buying it for a project that never materialized, but many others have had unreliable results with conversion barrels in 9mm on the .40 slide bolt face. Try it at your own risk. It is not dangerous, just usually not all that reliable.
    I have no participation in this at all. Marty sent me an e-mail the other day about cleaning out the shop and this was included in the list so if interested contact him.
    Last edited by Big Bore; 06-04-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Join the NRA
    On the 8th day God created HKs.
    Beware speaking with a sharp tongue as you are apt to cut your own throat.

+ Reply to Thread

Links