+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chrome P7M13 from factory

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    Pretty interesting P7, that sure is hard chrome, its not nickel. The box looks different than those I have seen too,
    CHROME on that and papers ...
    Who has the whole story on these P7M13? =)
    Another member here made this comment on another posting:

I'm pretty sure that the P7M13 box You have is from an importer called,"RPB" or something close...Out of Miami...
    They imported some P7M8's and P7M13's and they were hard chrome plated,They factory test targets were stamped,"Chrome" also...
    Do a search on this forum,You will find it.
    The serial number You list for the box,is from a very early P7M13 import.
    Now,You just need to find the gun that goes in there.
    Something to keep You busy in Your free time!

HKPRO Professional

Well its not that difficult to ruber stamp CHROME on the paperwork or even somehow enscribe CHROME on the box. But would someone go through all that trouble to sell a gun for a lot more to make it look like it's very rare, Maybe?

HKPRO Professional

Anyone have the real scoop on these chrome P7M13's..............................

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

HK pistols (some were hard chromed) were imported by "R.T.B. West Germany Import Corp. Miami, Florida" back in the late 1980's early 1990's if I recall correctly and should be stamped on the slide "Imported by RTB Corp Miami FL". RTB was not an authorized importer at the time and was sued by HK for violating their exclusive distribution rights in the USA. Don't know what happened with the suit, but there was a time HK refused to honor the warranty on a RTB import - this is mute at this point. Conventional wisdom is that RTB had these chromed in Europe, most likely Germany, whether it was at the factory or they sent it to a third party, or if RTB sent it to a third party, I haven't seen any difinitive proof either way on this. We do know they were imported into the USA already hard chromed. They usually carry a bit of a premium over a standard blued gun because of their collectability.
    AUDE SAPERE

HKPRO Professional

Thanks for the info. makes sense to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by P7M13 View Post
    HK pistols (some were hard chromed) were imported by "R.T.B. West Germany Import Corp. Miami, Florida" back in the late 1980's early 1990's if I recall correctly and should be stamped on the slide "Imported by RTB Corp Miami FL". RTB was not an authorized importer at the time and was sued by HK for violating their exclusive distribution rights in the USA. Don't know what happened with the suit, but there was a time HK refused to honor the warranty on a RTB import - this is mute at this point. Conventional wisdom is that RTB had these chromed in Europe, most likely Germany, whether it was at the factory or they sent it to a third party, or if RTB sent it to a third party, I haven't seen any difinitive proof either way on this. We do know they were imported into the USA already hard chromed. They usually carry a bit of a premium over a standard blued gun because of their collectability.
    That is absolutely correct. RTB was importing them under HKs radar! HK sued and shut them down. I used to have a RTB stamped P7M8 in Chrome. The manual - on the inside cover - was stamped "Not for sale in USA"!! LOL!

Unrepentant HKHolic

That is not a factory HK finish. They came in Blue and Nickel and that is ALL. As mentioned earlier, even the nickel versions had a blued takedown button and grip screw. Oh, and "chrome" in English is just "chrom" in German. It's very easy to mark a box and a test target and say it is HK factory when it is anything but. They are lying.

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, them dang olí HKs, man, talkin' bout SUH-WEET, man, dang ol' point and click, baby, just, just, dang ol' awesome, man.

Quote Originally Posted by P7M13 View Post
    Wow. Interesting stuff! Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive HK history book? Ive seen a few out there but none seem to have a true full history of the armory?
    ---------------
    Ditch
    ----------------

Unrepentant HKHolic

Have you ever seen one single HK handgun that was HARD CHROMED at the FACTORY? No, you haven't. Stainless, yes. Nickel, yes. Hard Chrome... no. If they were chromed in the US or in Germany, it doesn't matter. It's not factory. I'm not saying that it isn't desirable, I'm just saying that you shouldn't try to pass it off as factory, because it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jeray View Post
    That is not a factory HK finish. They came in Blue and Nickel and that is ALL. As mentioned earlier, even the nickel versions had a blued takedown button and grip screw. Oh, and "chrome" in English is just "chrom" in German. It's very easy to mark a box and a test target and say it is HK factory when it is anything but. They are lying.

Do you have proof that the pistol in that image is not factory finish?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links