+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chrome P7M13 from factory

Quote Originally Posted by jeray View Post
    That is not a factory HK finish. They came in Blue and Nickel and that is ALL. As mentioned earlier, even the nickel versions had a blued takedown button and grip screw. Oh, and "chrome" in English is just "chrom" in German. It's very easy to mark a box and a test target and say it is HK factory when it is anything but. They are lying.

What about this one then?

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by pb_m3 View Post
    Do you have proof that the pistol in that image is not factory finish?
    You misunderstand. The picture I posted is of a Factory HK Nickel finish P7M13 (note the blued takedown button and grip screw which I mentioned in my post) If you compare it to the ones in the Gunbroker and Auction Arms ads, you will see that the grip screw and takedown button are chromed. Also, the nickel is just a tad darker than the Hard Chrome. My point is that if it is Hard Chromed, it is NOT a factory HK finish. I still think that HC looks GREAT on the P7 series, but it should not be passed off as a factory finish. That is dishonest.
    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, them dang olí HKs, man, talkin' bout SUH-WEET, man, dang ol' point and click, baby, just, just, dang ol' awesome, man.

Thank you for the clarification. I was concerned because I thought were suggesting that the finish on thr P7 in the photo, which you included in your post, was not original.

For full disclosure, I am the photographer/owner if those images and sweet P7's. Thanks Again!

Unrepentant HKHolic

No problem, those are beautiful.

I have a P7M8 with RTB - Miami Florida engravings on it. It is in A+ condition. I can see the rough value of them on gunbroker, I'm sure my LGS would be willing to take it off my hands for 1/2 that. I'm not really interested in selling at least in the near future but would like to know if the fact that it is a RTB makes it more, less or the same value of a pistol in the same condition.

Thanks
    Nate

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by RMA View Post
    It is a factory HC finish. The "RTB" imports based out of Miami was selling them to the US public back in the day! That guy's particular pistol is a bit overpriced, but then again almost all of the RTB imports were usually priced well over $2k. Bo has one up for sale for way less than that one (not sure what his comes with) in regards to matching box, papers, extra mag w cleaning tools.
    Not a factory finish. They never left HK in chrome gentleman. The RTB story is correct and they were chromed after leaving the factory. I do believe they were sold as 'factory - new, unfired' or something like that. There are multiple topics on this here, do a search. Merry Christmas
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! Names' Randy, but you can call me freakshow...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links