+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P7M13 Problem

HKPRO Professional

Default P7M13 Problem

I have the opportunity to pick up a P7 M13 Chantilley, excellent condition, original box, 2mags,tools,and brush, no manual. Inspecting the pistol I encountered a problem.

When I tried sqeezing the cocker, the slide would ride back as I squeezed, exposing about a 1/4 of an inch of the barrel. I also noticed the firing pin indicator on the rear of the slide would come out like normal, but the gun would not fire. This happened about 5 times. On the next few times it would function properly when I cocked it. It would fire. Then it would malfunction a few more times, ect. This happened w/out a mag in well, empty mag in the well, and w/ a loaded mag in the well (nothing in the chamber).

I have a P7M8 and have never run into this. Is this an expensive fix?

Thanks in advance. Jason

Unrepentant HKHolic

First, check the firing pin bushing for cracks/damage/breakage. A broken FP bushing can cause the striker to not reliably cock every time the cocking lever is depressed.
    Owns HK and Glock Pistols.
    NRA/CCDL/GSSF Member- Glock Certified Armorer

Improve Your Handgun Shooting Skills- Handgun Drills PDF

Very Senior Member

I would also take the grips off to see what is happening when it malfunctions vs when it works correctly. It does sound like some part may be broken.

I've never heard of this. I'm thinking that contacting the factory is in order. They have a strong vested interest in NOT having your gun explode in your hand, and I understand that they can be quite friendly. Good luck

keep us updated!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

when the drop safety spring broke in my P7 it did the same thing. i removed it and it was fine after that, just no drop safety!, check that little spring along the inside of the slide to see if it popped out.

HKPRO Professional

The guns not mine yet. I only removed the slide. I don't want to buy the gun and have to pay a couple hundred to fix it.

Thanks again, Jason

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by jotie coyote View Post
    I have the opportunity to pick up a P7 M13 Chantilley, excellent condition, original box, 2mags,tools,and brush, no manual. Inspecting the pistol I encountered a problem.

When I tried sqeezing the cocker, the slide would ride back as I squeezed, exposing about a 1/4 of an inch of the barrel. I also noticed the firing pin indicator on the rear of the slide would come out like normal, but the gun would not fire. This happened about 5 times. On the next few times it would function properly when I cocked it. It would fire. Then it would malfunction a few more times, ect. This happened w/out a mag in well, empty mag in the well, and w/ a loaded mag in the well (nothing in the chamber).

I have a P7M8 and have never run into this. Is this an expensive fix?

Thanks in advance. Jason
    It could be the drop safety, the sear lever or spring or even the disconnector. If the price is good buy it. It will be easy to fix by HK and at the same time they can look it over for you.

G3Kurz

HKPRO Professional

Thank you for the advise. I most likely would send the gun to HK any way. For piece of mind.

Thaks to all, Jason

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by jotie coyote View Post
    Thank you for the advise. I most likely would send the gun to HK any way. For piece of mind.

Thaks to all, Jason
    Pls report back what they find would you?

G3Kurz

+ Reply to Thread

Links