+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P30S LEM

Default P30S LEM

Is it still possible to obtain a P30S with the light LEM trigger? I can't think of a configuration I'd rather have, in 9mm if possible.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Is this a dumb question? Taboo question? Nobody knows? I'm new to HK's, so throw me a bone, here...

... and Merry Christmas!!!

Far as I know, you'd have to buy a V3 and then get an LEM kit separately. From what I've read here, HK does not officially "support" putting an LEM kit into a V3, so you'd have to do the work yourself (which actually is fairly easy) or if you're not comfortable doing it then you'd need to find a smith to do it for you.

Merry Christmas !

Thanks for your reply! This sounds easy enough. I suppose that this transplant will then leave an empty hole in the back of the slide, where the decocker used to be. Is there an empty hole in the back of the slide on an OEM LEM P30? I've never seen the LEM P30 in person (only seen the LEM USP's).

Merry Christmas to you, too, and to everyone else!

The DA/SA and LEM P30's use different frames, so there is no hole in the LEM variant. There is no need to remove the decocker button when you convert a V3 to LEM. I am still confused as to why HK will tell you "it can't be done" if you ask them about converting a V3 to LEM, when it's already been done by members of this board. And I've been considering doing it myself, if I ever decide to retire my USPc LEM from carry duty and replace it with my P30 V3.

If you don't mind the slightly longer barrel, you can generally find P30LS in light LEM, came this way from the factory.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

I still don't get why people would want a safety on their LEM.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against the one who has the physical ability to crush you and the mental ability to do it repeatedly."
    -Kyle Defoor

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

LEM's don't need a saftey and are best without. They are a carry pistol. They are meant for a smooth draw and such.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trying to catch up to TooSixy.

Gentlemen, I appreciate your thoughtful input, but I've been carrying a sidearm daily, for some years. I carry mainly 1911's, but, in addition to a number of other sidearms, I have a couple of Glocks, which, of course, have no manual safety. I'm comfortable with the manual of arms for such weapons. I know what a manual safety is for, and I do wish to have an LEM P30 with a manual safety. This thread is my query to find out from those familiar with the HK P30 line, and with the HK market, what is my most direct line to what I want.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by packingvol View Post
    If you don't mind the slightly longer barrel, you can generally find P30LS in light LEM, came this way from the factory.
    Yes, I would love to have the P30LS w/ light LEM trigger, but first, I want one like that in standard length. I'm going to need it for a P30 holster project I'm working on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads