+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Info on HK 45c, and XD 45 compact

Default Comparison Info on HK 45c, and XD 45 compact

Have a friend who swears by his XD 45 compact. I have handled it, shot it ( shoots nicely). Just a little bulky to me. Not as sleek as HK 45c. but still a nice gun.....Price wise it is less. around $350 less Any thoughts...... I have been searching for HK 45c LEM for sometime now, but all I find are ones that are at $1100.........getting discouraged.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Have a friend who swears by his XD 45 compact. I have handled it, shot it ( shoots nicely). Just a little bulky to me. Not as sleek as HK 45c. but still a nice gun.....Price wise it is less. around $350 less Any thoughts...... I have been searching for HK 45c LEM for sometime now, but all I find are ones that are at $1100.........getting discouraged.
    Get a V3 and an LEM it. If you shop around you ca find some decent deals on a lightly used HK45c, convert it yourself and be money ahead. You're comparing an XD to an HK and IMHO it's like comparing Chevy to BMW.
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Despite what everybody who's trying to justify their purchase of an XD says, the HK45C is a much better pistol. The XD is not very highly thought of for a serious defensive pistol, where the HK45C gets pretty much excellent reviews by all, had two gurus of the firearms industry involved in its development, shares most small parts with the HK45 that ToddG put 50K rounds through with hardly an problems, and heck..... "the Navy SEALs use it!"

In this case you get what you pay for, go HK45C. If you want cheaper because you can't scrape together the coin, look at the Smith and Wesson M&P 45 line before the XD.
    My mission: To convert every HK USP, HK45, and HK45 Compact shooter on the planet to Variant 9. It will serve as a stop gap until all realize the clear superiority of the P30LS 9mm!

thanks to all...I totally agree on the HK......so if I can just find a reasonably priced one............

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

thanks to all...I totally agree on the HK......so if I can just find a reasonably priced one............
    Hang in there, you'll find one. Best to keep checking the forum for one first, I've seen some very good deals on them here in the last 3 months. Good luck to ya!
    Kugelblitz
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, He'll just kill you.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck...The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and Always win.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Searching for an HK45c-V7 (LEM) is a futile exercise, there ain't any. Certainly very few. These are all imported as V1 and converted by HKI (the importer) in Columbus GA anyway, so get whatever version you can find and for the least expense and simply swap out the parts for the LEM parts. Kitchen table work.

I stumbled across a new HK45c LEM last August or September at a dealer at a local gun show and snatched it. I have never seen another, and neither had that dealer. A theoretical "factory" order option.

-- Chuck

HKPRO Professional

What, is this "Bubba Gun" day, or what? Three threads in one day.

HKPRO Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Get a V3 and an LEM it. If you shop around you ca find some decent deals on a lightly used HK45c, convert it yourself and be money ahead. You're comparing an XD to an HK and IMHO it's like comparing Chevy to BMW.
    Chevy? How about Yugo (damn, I'm dating myself a bit).

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Comparing HK to a Croatian Glock.. is this a joke? You can't compare things that are incomparable.

Very Senior Member

CDNN.com my friend.
    HK P7 Nds 12/82

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads