HKPRO Forums banner

Will the .40 USP compact mags work in the USP Compact 9mm?

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  JDW67 
#1 ·
Was told that the compact .40 mags will work in the compact 9. Is this true?

Also, the seller also stated that the .40 10 rounders will hold an additional 2 rounds of 9mm. Also true?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
That is true. From what I have heard it works just fine...obviously a bad idea for carry. Wouldn't recommend it if you live in a 10 round capacity state.

#4 · (Edited)
Wouldn't recommend it if you live in a 10 round capacity state.
Actually, that's why most people do it. Most all of the ban states have a clause that addresses designed capacity, not actual capacity, meaning that as long as you're using a "10 round mag" that was designed to originally hold 10 rounds of one caliber, then you can use it for another caliber, regardless of how many it can hold of that other caliber. People have been doing this since the AWB of 94. The only state I know that actually addresses this loophole is New York, and even then, I think it's a city-by-city basis and not state-wide.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, so be sure to consult your local laws and legal experts for guidance.

#6 ·
Being in California, I would suggest you don't do this. Even though you are still using a 10 rd mag, I don't think your state would be very forgiving if they caught you with more than 10 rds. Just my $.02. If you are willing to accept the risk...go for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.