+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gray Guns feedback

Default Gray Guns feedback

GGI is running at speed now if you have been waiting to do a trigger job.

I had Competition Short Reset done on my P30 (use it for IDPA mostly). It is simply amazing.... Bruce also do the Carry Perfection Package on my HK45 and P2000 (all of my H&Ks are LEM).
    I think turn around was about 5-6 weeks total. No waiting list. Customer Service is great, Bruce called me at home before they finished the P30 to check a few details. There is someone to answer the phone at the shop now usually and return calls and coordinate return shipping.

I tried the "others", you get what you pay for.

Comprehensive action refitting and smoothing work, full feed and reliability package; gauging of safety and sear engagement values and assessment of condition; sight regulation and thorough range testing.
    This package includes an internal overtravel stop as necessary and a 12lb mainspring is provided for a reduced DA trigger pull of proven reliability when tested with your carry ammo. This package includes our Proprietary Reduced Reset providing approx. 40-45 percent reduction in total trigger reset and reuptake travel while maintaining Firing Pin Block integrity and all other factory safety values. Includes refinishing of all fire control parts with Nickel Teflon for the smoothest and most durable action possible. (Note: Some parts like hammer and axle will be externally visible.)
    This package can be applied to the following HK pistols including: HK USP, USP Compact, P2000 or P2000SK, P30, P30L, P30S, HK45, and HK45 Compact, and is applicable to all DA/SA, SAO, LEM or DAO action variants.

HK Competition Short Reset – $325 (Competition Pistols Only)
    Qualitatively identical to our Heckler and Koch Reduced Reset Carry Perfection Package, with maximum trigger reset reduction of at least 50 percent and a replacement reduced competition main spring yielding the lightest possible DA and SA pulls. Firing Pin Block integrity and other factory safety values will be maintained.
    We can generally get the SA pull in the mid 3 to low 4lb range with a cleaner break without compromising factory engagements for durability under heavy range use. This package includes an internal overtravel stop as necessary. Includes refinishing of all fire control parts with Nickel Teflon for the smoothest and most durable action possible. (Note: Some parts like hammer and axle will be externally visible.)
    This package can be applied to the following HK pistols including: HK USP, USP Compact, P2000 or P2000SK, P30, P30L, P30S, HK45, and HK45 Compact, and is applicable to all DA/SA, SAO and LEM action variants.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Glad you had a good experience. I've heard nothing but good about Bruce and his guys.
    Carpe Noctem

Rule #10 Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it's empty!
    H&K P2000 VTGS
    H&K USP V2

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Bruce and the whole staff are amazing. They did the reduced reset carry perfection package on my P2000 and only one word can describe the result. Amazing.
    (2) P2000 40cal V2 LEM (With Light LEM springs)(357 Sig Barrels)
    USP 45f (Match LEM Trigger Setup)
    Beretta Cougar 40 cal
    S & W 1066 (10mm)
    Ruger Redhawk 44mag
    Ithaca Model 37 Police 12 guage (No Sear Dis-Connector)
    Remington 870 Tactical 12 guage

Very Senior Member

There is another package for 275$ as well... just FYI

Argh. Can't decide if I'm willing to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a Bruce Gray job. I really don't care for the long DA pull on my V3 P30S and P30LS but $650 is alot of money for 2 trigger jobs (I figure if I do one, I should do both to maintain consistency). Has anyone had Bruce Gray do the HK Reduced Reset Carry Perfection Package and NOT been COMPLETELY satisfied? If so, what specifically did you not like?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

You could just get one of your frames done then swap slides...

Desperately Needs Treatment

I'll be able to tell you soon when my HK45C gets back... but I expect nothing less than perfection and am confident if it didn't meet my expectations they would make it right.

Honestly, being over at Sig Forum, I've never seen less than glowing reports of their work. It isn't cheap, but if you pay once, you only cry once.

Actually, one customer mentioned a couple of 'handling marks' on his SIG that weren't there, but that is it. They seemed very minor and you never know if they were already there in advance.

I fully expect to send my other two HKs off to GGI when I get my 45C back. I'm concentrating on less guns that I shoot more, so I don't mind spending some scratch on them.

Rhino

Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Add approx. 320 bucks for shipping both ways, if you were planning to send both pistols.
    Depends where you live, how you ship, and if you ship them together or separate.

They charged about $80 to ship 2 guns from Oregon to Virginia via UPS overnight. I shipped to them via FedEx overnight using a corporate discount (USAA) for less than $50. You can save even more if you are friends with your FFL, they can ship USPS for peanuts. 2 H&K plastic boxes can fit in one large UPS or Fedex box.... It certainly wasn't even close to $320 for shipping!

YVK, i guess anyway you slice it, it is big bucks. But well worth it if you are picky about your trigger feel. I sent Bruce 4 guns this year instead of buying another gun. I'll probably send him 2 more instead of doing something nice for my wife at the holidays.

That's life baby!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links