+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Value HK SP89

Default Value HK SP89

What would be the value of a mint HK SP89, no box or papers?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

What year?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

did you see what they were going for on GB ? I did some research a few months back. saw prices from 3000 to 6000.

i don't know what year, i'd have to look at the date code and post it here. does the date code make a difference in determining value??? i bought the SP89 back in 2002 and it's been sitting unfired in my safe ever since so i'm considering selling it off with a couple other things i never shoot.

I believe the one on Guns America sold so high because there was a ton of extra mags, trigger packs and furniture that went with it. I asked about the date code because I believe that the ones that were imported pre November 1990 would command a higher premium over the latter. Some would disagree with this and say that the latter dates come with an action 3 bolt therefore making it more desirable. The earlier dates have the potential on being converted to SBR's without having to worry about 922r as they are specifically named as assault weapons by model and would be grandfathered. This makes it more valuable to the majority of the population that do not have sears and would just like an all German SBR. You would have to replace German parts on the latter date guns to be a good law abiding citizen. If the buyer just wanted to keep it as an SP89 then they would not care to pay the premium and just by the cheapest priced one. The premium also goes away if the buyer is a sear owner and doesn't have to worry about 922r because the sear is a registered MG and therefore exempt.
    I would say that just the pistol with the 15rd mag that came with it would be worth $3500-$3800. If it was an earlier date code that could be verified that it came into the country pre Nov 90 then I would say it would be worth $4000-$4400.

I'm not saying I am right but this is just my observation of the market the past few years since I have been buying these.

I found this thread while poking around for SP89 data and was interested in 82ndscout's reply. Is there a way to determine if one was imported pre-November 1990?

He also mentioned he's been buying these. I'm curious on how difficult it would be to purchase one from out of state and have it shipped into California.

Thanks.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

I beleive you would have to
    1) convert it to single shot
    2) add a bullet button
    3) find a FFL that would accept it in CA
    to ship it to CA.

Default New SP89 in box - pre 1985

Anyone know what this us worth?

Just came back from a Reno gun show and a vender offered $3800.
    Glad I didn't take it. I think is worth more.

Yeah, the world has gone crazy since then. I picked up a kd date code a month or two ago NIB for about 4k. Who knows today's value. 5-6k?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links