+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HK p30 owners that carry

Desperately Needs Treatment

Default HK p30 owners that carry

Hey I'm buggin yall again. My HKp2k is out the door and I want to use the new cash for a P30. I've held one and compared it's size to a P2000, but what I want to hear is stories of those that carry the P30 everyday.

How do you carry it? Where on the beltline? What holster? Just a T-shirt, overshirt? Does it print more than... say a HK45c? Does the butt end of the grip print? Your POV... is this a good concealable EDC?

Just some quick info about me. I can conceal the P2k and HK45c with flat base plate mags without a problem. I wear them in a CBST at 3:00... The HK45c with a overshirt just because it is def more chunky. Also I know I'll have to wear some sort of wife beater or undershirt, I'm ok with that and as far as carrying in hot weather. Well I don't anymore. I find myself always wearing basketball shorts if it's too hot outside so I gave up on carrying in sweltering hot heat AKA July.

I REALLY want the P30 but if this pistol isn't gonna be a good concealable EDC then I might take my money elsewhere. All help from yinz is appreciated as always.

..first of all i love my P30 9mm, is a DA/SA one. I carry this gun all most everywhere, i like to keep it "attached" to my body...actually is part of my body. Most of the time i carry it without the holster - the holster is too bulky -, just under the belt, with a shirt or t-shirt over it (because here in RI you cannot show the gun) in the summer time; the rest of the time i have an undershirt. This gun is not bulky at all, very easy to wear...doesn't bother me in anyway. I always keep it loaded with one bullet in chamber. The gun even loaded is very light, sometimes i just feel it there, in my opinion is the perfect EDC gun. It's the only one that is truly concealable and has the firepower.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I carry mine in a comp-tac minotaur IWB holster at about 5:00 to 5:30 and it keeps the grip in the small of my back. Untucked tshirt, or tucked in dress shirt and it is completely flat against my back and doesn't show up at all. The grip does get pushed against your skin(and hurts) when you sit down, but it's now just a habit of mine to move my shirt on the other side of it when I sit/stand in the car or a chair; otherwise I don't even feel it around town, and I've never had any of my friends notice it. An undershirt would completely solve that issue but I generally just don't wear one. I've never had any problems carrying mine and wouldn't want to carry anything else.
    Orwell was an optimist.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

I carry 24/7/365 in either a Raven Concealment or an IWB from R. Grizzle Leather at 3:00. I almost always wear an Under Armour shirt underneath whatever I'm wearing (usually a polo) without ever printing. For a good holster that you don't have to wait for, I would look at either an MTAC or Occidental Leather.

"A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against the one who has the physical ability to crush you and the mental ability to do it repeatedly."
    -Kyle Defoor

I'll also say Occidental Stronghold is a great holster. I also have a R.Grizzle for my USPc .40 a very nice holster for less money. I have a fairly new P30s and would not hesitate to carry it EDC.
    2 Corinthians 12:9
    King James Version (KJV)
    9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Immigrant-Patriot View Post
    ..first of all i love my P30 9mm, is a DA/SA one. I carry this gun all most everywhere, i like to keep it "attached" to my body...actually is part of my body. Most of the time i carry it without the holster - the holster is too bulky -, just under the belt, with a shirt or t-shirt over it (because here in RI you cannot show the gun) in the summer time; the rest of the time i have an undershirt. This gun is not bulky at all, very easy to wear...doesn't bother me in anyway. I always keep it loaded with one bullet in chamber. The gun even loaded is very light, sometimes i just feel it there, in my opinion is the perfect EDC gun. It's the only one that is truly concealable and has the firepower.
    Are you saying you just stick the gun inside your belt with no holster whatsoever? I don't think I would have the balls to carry that way.............. I like to know that my trigger is completely protected at all times.

Premium Professional

I carry my P30 on duty everyday. I know this is not the kind of carry you are talking about, but I do carry it off duty in a Blackhawk serpa paddle. I carry it at about 4:00 with just a shirt over it. I also serve legal papers off duty and just tuck it in the back of my pants when I am getting out of the truck. Either way I have never had any trouble keeping it hidden. You will never regret going with the P30, this coming from someone that buys, sells and trades every month or three trying to find the perfect sidearm. FOUND IT!!!!!!

I carried it everyday for about six months before trading it for a HK45. The P30 size is not a problem. If carried with an OWB holster (mine was the SnapSide by Crossbreed), the gun is easy to carry. I would carry it at the 3 O'clock position with an OWB holster, with the FBI cant.

For an IWB holster, I used the Crossbreed Supertuck which is the most comfortable holster I've tried. (I use this holster with my Sig Sauer P239, HK P2000sk, HK45, and HK45c. It also has the 15 degree cant.) I used this when the weather was warmer, with a button down Northface wicking shirt of some kind. I moved the P30 to the 4:30 position, on my belt. Here is where I had a problem.

I'm very fit and active and in the summer I did not use an undershirt. The aggressive "spidey" grip irritated my back after a long day with the gun. (The same happens with the HK45; therefore, I only carry this in cold weather. I use the HK45c in warm weather.) For me, the P30 grip does not lend itself to be the MOST comfortable conceal carry gun.

I realize I am annoying on this forum when people ask about the P30 as a CCW. I do think the P30 is a great pistol but other HK pistols are better suited for CC than the P30...namely the P2000, P2000sk, or HK45c.

If the PRIMARY function for the gun is CC, I think the P30 is a poor choice. If the gun is meant as home defense gun, a range gun, or a competition gun, then I think the P30 is a GREAT gun to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
    If the PRIMARY function for the gun is CC, I think the P30 is a poor choice. If the gun is meant as home defense gun, a range gun, or a competition gun, then I think the P30 is a GREAT gun to purchase.
    I think I can use my HK45c as a EDC... It's a chunky little thing but I can carry it at 3 oclock with a button over shirt... and if I just want to wear a Tshirt I wear my CBST at 5- 5:30. The P30 wont be a primary IWB EDC. I just hope I can conceal this beauty if I have too... you know just incase the HK45c goes down... not to change the thread but have any of you experienced your EDC going "down"... like for a repair. Or how about having a HK EDC pistol go down?

I also posted on GT so if any of yunz are over there you'll see the same question.

My EDC is a USPc stainless made in year 2000. All things break but a HK is a very rare deal. My HKc is about to get alot more carry time. The P30 with the right holster can be carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Darebear View Post
    I think I can use my HK45c as a EDC... It's a chunky little thing but I can carry it at 3 oclock with a button over shirt... and if I just want to wear a Tshirt I wear my CBST at 5- 5:30. The P30 wont be a primary IWB EDC. I just hope I can conceal this beauty if I have too... you know just incase the HK45c goes down... not to change the thread but have any of you experienced your EDC going "down"... like for a repair. Or how about having a HK EDC pistol go down?

I also posted on GT so if any of yunz are over there you'll see the same question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links