+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update on my FPBS and TRS install (light LEM) in my P2ksk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default Update on my FPBS and TRS install (light LEM) in my P2ksk

Update on my FPBS and TRS install (light LEM) in my P2ksk

The FPBS went in with no issue. I did pull the firing pin out to see exactly how the FP and block work together. This helped me get them back together. On my fish scale the trigger pull went from 9# to 8#. (it is accurate, but reading the scale is +/- 0.25 pounds)

The TRS
    Pin came out easy
    You really need four hands to get the spring and pin back in. A gun vise would help ( I did not use one). I had a helper/two extra hands.
    The difficult part with the new spring is the legs are very short and on the P2ksk its difficult to get both legs of the spring spread into the proper places ( frame and trigger).
    There was less danger of losing the spring then I thought. To me the spring was actually easier than getting the pin back in. It did take some force pushing it down with needle nose pliers.
    Once the spring was in and I got the pin half way in. I had trouble getting the pin into the right side holes of the gun. The spring was pushing the pin at an angle and the trigger and trigger bar holes all have to line up. Maybe I was too timid on tapping the pin in with a hammer but I didnít want to damage the polymer frame.
    Once I got these lined up and they went in, I had the sluggish trigger return problem to the point that sometimes the trigger worked like a single action, not going forward at all with the hammer back.
    I found that leg of the TRS was not properly seated on the trigger and once I got it seated the trigger return seemed to work well, but the trigger return still is very light. I guess that is related to the very light take up.
    Trigger pull went from 8# to 6 # on my cheap scale. But feels more like 5.5#.
    The light LEM trigger pull is sweet. But I am not sure I am happy with the trigger return. I will shoot it a bit and see, I expect it might get better with use (the gun has only 60 rounds through it as it is)

Congratulations on the surgery, doctor! If you wind up not liking the action and revert to the heavier LEM, let me know because I'm having trouble sourcing those parts for my P2000sk. They are backordered on HKParts.net. Where did you get yours?

Quote Originally Posted by HKfaninMD View Post
    Congratulations on the surgery, doctor! If you wind up not liking the action and revert to the heavier LEM, let me know because I'm having trouble sourcing those parts for my P2000sk. They are backordered on HKParts.net. Where did you get yours?
    called and ordered from HK directly

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HKfaninMD View Post
    Thanks!
    no prob. I need to google the sluggish trigger reset and see if there is something to help it.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Congratulations!

Very Senior Member

There are few threads floating around here for "Sluggish Trigger" I think the key words that I had used to find them was combination of "TRS", "isssue", "problem","Trigger Return", and few other words.

It seems that Some people don't have this sluggish trigger problem, while others just do. I have the same problem, BUT I feel light LEM is too light for carry, so I have normal LEM with the strong square TRS. Never the less, the fact that I have this issue points to less than ideal friction points in the trigger system. It leads me to believe that if this is not there, my trigger will be better in what ever version.

Let me just share my knowledge collected from HKPRO on this topic. It's not first hand experience, so take it with a grain of salt, plz. :

1)
    Few possible causes for Trigger return issue :
    -Weak TRS : Some trs are weak, per Bill Springfield)
    -Bent Trigger bar : Some trigger bars maybe bent, which causes it to bind or stick.
    -Rough surface : part sufaces may not be smooth
    -nicked polymer : Polymer part maybe very slightly damaged causing friction. (I've herad of at least one person that had polymer rubbing on the Trigger part)
    -(last but not least..) combination of above

2) Some words of wisdom from Bill Springfield himself from HKpro : (related to some points already mentioned above)

"Some HK models, HK-45's and USP's as noted before on various threads can have weak trigger return issues even in completely stock configuration. The "P" series HK's do not have this problem."

" I stone/polish the 4 major contact points of the trigger xfer bar, the firing pin safety plate lever and diconnector to reduce the weak return problems."

"LEM conversions and LEM heavy to competition light get a new "light" P2000 trigger return spring installed, this TRS has more return power than a USP TRS. I remove 1.5 to 2 coils from hammer springs if its in good shape."

3) different versions of TRS :

Per ptechjpjr ...
    "I would put HK's trigger return spring part #209266 in both pistols and be done with it. This is the standard trigger return spring for a P2000 V1. If your P2000 started out as a V1 then I would put the original spring back in it and it will be fine. The factory USP V1 trigger return springs will give you a sluggish return of the trigger. There is a sticky post regarding this subject. "

So, maybe USP / USPc v1 TRS is a little sluggish by design ? Either way, here is a table about different TRS :
    *DEFINITIVE* P30/P30L LEM Trigger Chart

4)
    Some opine that sluggish Trig. return is not a REAL problem in that it will not happen if you are shooting live ammo in a practical manner. While, I don't agree with that, I just thought I throw it out there.

And that is all I have to say about that.......

K

References :
    Got my usp back from Bill Springfield
    Trigger Return Hesitation After LEM "Spring Trigger Job"?

+ Reply to Thread

Links