HKPRO Forums banner

How much taller are USP tactical sights?

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DaZe831 
#1 · (Edited)
I am having a USP 45 holster made by Ryan Grizzle and I have asked him to make it fit the tactical as I plan on adding one to the stable soon and would like my new holster to fit both. Can someone tell me how much taller the tactical front sight is please, or if you have heinie raised straight eights, which I plan to use on the tactical, can you measure how tall they are.
Thanks in advance,
H7K

#4 ·
Another way of stating the measurements and differences that the holster-maker may possibly prefer is:

The standard fullsize USP front-sight protrudes 4.78 mm (or .188") from the top surface of the slide.

The fullsize USP Tactical front-sight protrudes 8.68 mm (or .341") from the top surface of the slide.

#6 ·
sight height for the expert/elite is 8.9mm. (between tactical and regular height) Ameriglow/Trijicon makes a front night sight that can be used with the stock rear adjustable sight or Meprolight rear adjustable.

I just installed 2 of these (from TopGunSupply) for the Elite and Expert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.