HKPRO Forums banner

Tactical Weapons HK45ct articale

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Apollo11 
#1 ·
I stopped by books a million last night and picked up the Sept issue of tactical weapons. There is a really nice article on the HK45ct the SEALs are using. Also hit on a few of their other toys also. Check it out.

#5 ·
The slides won't be stamped "tactical", but I've seen Gunbroker et al listings of the "HK45C Tactical" with an off the shelf HK45C, a threaded barrel with a different serial number, 2 10 round mags, and Meprolight (non-suppressor clearing) night sights from the factory.

#10 · (Edited)
Keep buying that magazine............and send nice comments to the editor............:)

The guns used for the pictures are not exact examples. They have ambi controls and have the stock sights, not the suppressor sights. The NSW guns are V3 Decock only DA/SA. They can always be changed later if the Navy wants something different. The Navy also went with the AAC suppressor not a Gemtech (the model used is the same as was tested by the Navy along with the Knights Armaments, that were not selected).

#12 ·
Keep buying that magazine............and send nice comments to the editor............:)

The guns used for the pictures are not exact examples. They have ambi controls and have the stock sights, not the suppressor sights. The NSW guns are V3 Decock only DA/SA. They can always be changed later if the Navy wants something different. The Navy also went with the AAC suppressor and a Gemtech (the model is the same as was tested by the Navy along with the Knights Armaments).
which Gemtech???

#19 ·
That was one of the first things I ever wrote. That article ended up causing some issues due to some "over" editing.

I am constantly amazed at how the "DB" has evolved over the years since it went from a simple concept to being the issue knife for some pretty high speed folks.

I'm glad that folks enjoy my writing. I try to be a little different than most writers. I tend to only write on things that I actually own and carry everyday rather than doing puff pieces on the trinket of the week. I actually have a much longer and in-depth article on the HK45C waiting for room in a future Combat Tactics. The Surefire magazine is the only one where I get almost unlimited space for longer more in-depth articles. The original P7 article I did for them was 10,000 words, which is totally out of the realm for any other publication. The key is that I have been using P7's extensively since the late 80's. The same with the HK45C. I carried one almost daily working a high end security detail for a year before I started writing anything about it.

#20 ·
I enjoy you're writing as well. It's nice to read real articles instead of constant puff pieces about the latest and greatest.

Does your article for the Surefire mag point out the X300/400 incompatibility with the Hk45c? I wish there was a way to attach that light to the compact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.